The Alien Cube, a Lovecraftian Horror Adventure Game, Launches October 14

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
the-alien-cube-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Alessandro Guzzo

The Alien Cube is a Lovecraftian-inspired first-person horror adventure game that launches on October 14. The spiritual successor to The Land of Pain, it is the second game by indie developer Alessandro Guzzo. His take on the genre has been earning mostly positive reviews on Steam, and there are free demos for each available there.

The Alien Cube is a cosmic first-person horror adventure inspired by Lovecraft’s stories and is a spiritual successor to my first game, The Land of Pain. It is a step forward from The Land of Pain in many aspects, such as more environments, better gameplay, improved graphics, and so on. There are many different locations to explore and investigate, from snowy forests to dark dungeons and otherworldly places. And survival will be a challenge. I also decided to hide some secrets to discover throughout the game for players who...

Continue reading...

Looks like another walking simulator
I agree. I'm not so into those but I'm a fan of the horror genre, and CRYENGINE, plus I find it commendable what one person managed to do. He's a one-man show gaining a good rep. I'll probably download this demo just to check it out.

I agree. I'm not so into those but I'm a fan of the horror genre, and CRYENGINE, plus I find it commendable what one person managed to do. He's a one-man show gaining a good rep. I'll probably download this demo just to check it out.
I'll be watching people's comments about the game. I'm curious. I just don't like any of those games where you can't fight back. That's not my style. I don't always need an emphasis on shooting necessarily. Alien Isolation was in my opinion, the right way to do that sort of game.

I'll be watching people's comments about the game. I'm curious. I just don't like any of those games where you can't fight back. That's not my style. I don't always need an emphasis on shooting necessarily. Alien Isolation was in my opinion, the right way to do that sort of game.
I totally agree. Some amount of engagement beyond flipping a switch, pushing a button, or selecting a choice makes perfect sense. I mostly loved Alien Isolation too but the backtracking really got to me after a while. Still bummed they didn't do a sequel.

Become a Patron!
Back