Brendan Fraser to Play Villain in Warner Bros. and DC Films’ Batgirl

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
brendan-fraser-the-mummy-tomb-of-the-dragon-emperor-binoculars-1024x576.jpg
Image: Universal Pictures

Brendan Fraser will reportedly star as the villain in Warner Bros. and DC Films’ upcoming live-action adaption of one of the Bat family’s most notable members, Batgirl. The casting news comes from Deadline’s sources, who believe that Fraser is signing up for the role of Firefly, a pyromaniac armed with flamethrowers, napalm, and other fire-based weapons. Fraser is best known for his roles in Universal Pictures’ trilogy of Mummy movies.

From Deadline:

The film will bow on HBO Max, marking one of the first major DC properties to debut exclusively on the streamer. Christina Hodson penned the script with Kristin Burr producing.While plot details are under wraps, it is known that Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, will be the character behind the cape in this version. Gordon is the most...

Continue reading...

6-8 months of hard work away from ready by that photo.
If he gets in shape I can definitely see him having a decent movie comeback if that is what he wants.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the guy down for putting on a few pounds. To the contrary. It is kind of odd how he was one of the big names in the '90's and then just dropped off the radar entirely - that's what I was really poking at.

Is he playing the Penguin? At this rate all he needs is a tux.

Came to post this....
Firefly?

I agree, he would give Danny Devito a run for his money as Penquin

The casting news comes from Deadline’s sources, who believe that Fraser is signing up for the role of Firefly, a pyromaniac armed with flamethrowers, napalm, and other fire-based weapons

It’s a little strange for a man of his age to go through such a drastic bodily transformation for a role, especially when portraying weight gain of large amounts is easier to do with fat suits, not to mention safer.

It’s a little strange for a man of his age to go through such a drastic bodily transformation for a role, especially when portraying weight gain of large amounts is easier to do with fat suits, not to mention safer.

I assume they will still use a fatsuit given that he's not even halfway to 600 pounds and I doubt that such a weight gain can be done safely let alone be undone without having to go trough plastic surgery to remove heaps of skin.

I assume they will still use a fatsuit given that he's not even halfway to 600 pounds and I doubt that such a weight gain can be done safely let alone be undone without having to go trough plastic surgery to remove heaps of skin.
Lol, sorry, didn’t mean to imply he was actually going to gain all that weight. Maybe the additional weight will help stabilize wearing the fat suit. Gary Oldman wore one when he played Churchill but Churchill didn’t weigh 600lbs. Alternatively they could use cgi since 600 is a crazy amount, even for a fat suit to pull off.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised he isn't playing Batgirl considering this day and age....

Given that I only know firefly from the Gotham series I was surprised to see a man play the char.

Not a whole lot of mention but he kind of returned to the scene a few years ago on Doom Patrol as Robotman. It's been great seeing him in that role and in various flashbacks you get to see him in person. Season three started about a month ago.

https://www.hbomax.com/grw-dp?utm_id=sa|71700000067518232|58700006984971281|p62881489331&gclid=Cj0KCQjww4OMBhCUARIsAILndv4ssfnwBu34sVnIKZWYyiUF8f5f3vpwdg7doHQHnO0ROMHldCeILEsaAjfsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit: Years ago I read an interview with him and he said he never really wanted to be the stud/action hero he was getting marketed as. It was just the niche he briefly got typecast in and was trying to get out of it. He enjoyed acting but that wasn't what he wanted to do.

Become a Patron!
Back