Dragon Age 4 Loses Its Senior Creative Director

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
dragon-age-4-teaser-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: BioWare

An email sent to staff from BioWare general manager Gary McKay has revealed that Dragon Age 4 has lost its Senior Creative Director, Matt Goldman.

Hi everyone,I hope you are well. I’m writing to inform you all that Matt Goldman is leaving BioWare. We have mutually agreed to part ways, and his last day is today.We understand that Matt’s departure has an impact on you, as well as the game’s development. Rest assured our commitment to a high-quality Dragon Age game has not waivered, and we will not ship a game that is not up to BioWare’s standards.We, including EA’s executive team, have absolute confidence in the leadership here at the studio and the people working on this game to carry forward our vision.

His reason for departure is unknown. Goldman has been with BioWare for 23 years and worked on the Dragon Age games and other titles such as Baldur’s Gate...

Continue reading...

DA:I has already had its issues. IMO it was a worse game than ME:A despite being received positively. But this is shaping up to be a right disaster. I don't even know which game is next DA4 or ME4. But everyone best curtail their expectations.

DA:I has already had its issues. IMO it was a worse game than ME:A despite being received positively. But this is shaping up to be a right disaster. I don't even know which game is next DA4 or ME4. But everyone best curtail their expectations.
After losing Casey Hudson a second time and what we got with ME:A and the current political climate in the entertainment industry my expectations for everything are at rock bottom. I expect everything to be terrible.

We really need an irreverent slap in the face top tier awesome looking and fun playing game from someone with the ability to pull it off. A top tier game packed with well. T&A, adult humor, realisticly portrayed settings (even if comedic in nature) with a hero or heroine that we can all enjoy is needed here.

Enough with the dialed back. Video games are supposed to be a fun escape and even for some of the wrong reasons. But nobody is willing to take that chance any more.

We really need an irreverent slap in the face top tier awesome looking and fun playing game from someone with the ability to pull it off. A top tier game packed with well. T&A, adult humor, realisticly portrayed settings (even if comedic in nature) with a hero or heroine that we can all enjoy is needed here.

Enough with the dialed back. Video games are supposed to be a fun escape and even for some of the wrong reasons. But nobody is willing to take that chance any more.
Good luck with any of that.
  • No one pushes graphics boundaries anymore because then the consoles can't run it or only high end PC's can run it. This is racist because it discriminates or something.
  • Adult humor is problematic because it could be "offensive" or "insensitive."
  • T&A is sexist and objectifies women. (It never gets bitched about when it's some naked dude.)
  • Realistic settings are offensive. Look at how Bolivia got mad about Ghost Recon Wildlands.
  • Heroes should be non-binary. Gender norms aren't inclusive. (Even being able to create trans characters in Cyberpunk 2077 was offensive to these people)
Unfortunately, it comes down to greed and people being overly sensitive. It's a few crazy's that set the perception and businesses haven't seemed to figure out that these woketards aren't their customers.

I have money to spend on a good game not trash panda games. Sorry.

But I will say making a game thst needs cutting edge pc graphics would be a mistake today simply because of hardware availability. I'm lucky with my 6800xt.

But considering games like rdr2 are beautiful and don't need current gen cards to run well... I'd be happy with that level.

Become a Patron!
Back