Cyberpunk 2077 Expansion Targeting 2023 Release, says CDPR President

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
An expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 is slated for release in 2023. The news was shared by CD PROJEKT RED President Adam Kicinski today, who spoke during an earnings call and confirmed to investors that the studio is still "fully committed" to the Cyberpunk franchise, with plans to develop it further.

Go to post

I can't say I'm surprised. I'm disappointed, but I'd rather CDPR get it right rather than rush it out the door. Cyberpunk 2077 was released two years before it should have been in my opinion.

It also bodes well for the content being substantial rather than something you can knock out in an afternoon.

I am looking forward to this. I think I might wait for it to start playing. Sad since I did preorder.

Given their recent track record this could very well end up in 2024 or even later.

I think the game's reputation is too tainted. They'd fare much better working on a sequel and getting it right, instead of making a huge expansion. I'll still try it, but I was one of the few who liked the game as it was anyway.

I think the game's reputation is too tainted. They'd fare much better working on a sequel and getting it right, instead of making a huge expansion. I'll still try it, but I was one of the few who liked the game as it was anyway.
I wouldn't say that's true at all. The game was hugely successful financially and the player counts on the game have gone back up at times. Most people who gave the game a chance seemed to like it. I think CDPR is fine to fix the game. I do want to see a sequel done better at some point, but I think expansions and everything are fine for it. Unfortunately, in order to be successful they will have to keep fixing the game on top of those.

Given their recent track record this could very well end up in 2024 or even later.
Maybe,

But I think the hard work is already behind them. The grand models, world physics and lighting, etc. etc. They have pretty much been ironed out by now. (no they don't have everything they promised originally, but it is in a working state that looks and feels good for a modern game)

Now all they need to do is add story and quests, and maybe a few indoor environments in buildings you couldn't enter in the past in order to support that story.

I had kind of hoped this would come sooner rather than later, as I always find it difficult to get back into a game after I've had a hiatus, but I think 2023 is totally doable.

And what did we learn about preorders? :p
That if you have confidence in the studio to make it good and you're not in a rush to be first it's still worth while to support what you believe to be a good studio.

Just don't ask me about Star Citizen....

I’m waiting for the $5 deal

I got 140+ hours of excellent game play out of it.

I'd even call it the best game I've played in the last 5 years. Probably my favorite since Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and I may even like Cyberpunk more.

I usually chafe at full price games, but I'd say its worth way more than $5

To be clear, i am not giving up on this game until I complete the secret ending on hard...

It is proving **** near impossible this far. And you can't save, so you have to start over ever time, and there is a 5 min wait for the option to show up. A little annoying...

To be clear, i am not giving up on this game until I complete the secret ending on hard...

It is proving **** near impossible this far. And you can't save, so you have to start over ever time, and there is a 5 min wait for the option to show up. A little annoying...
Are you not at max level or something? I found the game's difficulty to be nearly trivial even on its hardest setting once you had your character basically maxed out.

Everyone has a different take on fun.
I don't know whose idea of fun is frustration. But then again there are psychopats whose idea of fun is hurting others, or mazochists who hurt themselves, so I guess liking games that are deliberately made to annoy them is not out of the realm of possibility for some.

I think by the time this comes out, there will be like 9 people left who give a sh!t

Are you not at max level or something? I found the game's difficulty to be nearly trivial even on its hardest setting once you had your character basically maxed out.
Did you do the secret ending?

Everything prior to that was pretty trivial. The secret ending is hard.

So, to get the secret ending, you have to have a very specific series of chats with Johnny in the oil field scene. If you don't it never appears.

In the scene on the roof at the end of Nocture OP55N1 where Misty brings you so you can choose which ending to pursue, if you just don't answer which ending to pursue, after about 5 minutes of silence, Johnny will suggest an alternate approach (but only if you had the exact conversation earlier in the game).

This starts the mission "Don't Fear the Reaper".

Essentially, it is a suicide run, storming in through the front doors of Arasaka tower alone.

During this mission you mean very strong resistance, and it only grows the further you get along. You cannot save (with one exception where there is an autosave once you travel with an elevator)

If you die, you go directly to end credits, and have to reload a save in Nocturne OP55N1 again, and wait 5 minutes for the dialogue option to appear again, etc. etc.

What makes it even harder is that every couple of minutes you have another relic malfunction, that reduces your total health above which you cannot heal, resulting in many opponents being able to insta-kill you, even if you have maxed out armor that is fully upgraded, and you are leveled very high.

I have gotten really close to what I think is the end, but then I met **** near overwhelming resistance in close quarters.

I think using a System Reset quickhack on them at that point could probably take out most of them as they are so close together, but I got instakilled before I could deploy it.

I'm going to keep trying. I don't give up that easily. :p

Also, keep in mind, they completely rebalanced the game with the v1.5 patch, so you can't get even close to the same amount of armor as you previously could.

Last edited:
I think by the time this comes out, there will be like 9 people left who give a sh!t

I think a lot of people are upset because of the poor launch.

Many patches later this is a very good game, and there is no reason it can't have the staying power of - say - the Witcher 3, GTA V or Skyrim.

I've enjoyed it more than any title in many years.

Did you do the secret ending?

Everything prior to that was pretty trivial. The secret ending is hard.

So, to get the secret ending, you have to have a very specific series of chats with Johnny in the oil field scene. If you don't it never appears.

In the scene on the roof at the end of Nocture OP55N1 where Misty brings you so you can choose which ending to pursue, if you just don't answer which ending to pursue, after about 5 minutes of silence, Johnny will suggest an alternate approach (but only if you had the exact conversation earlier in the game).

This starts the mission "Don't Fear the Reaper".

Essentially, it is a suicide run, storming in through the front doors of Arasaka tower alone.

During this mission you mean very strong resistance, and it only grows the further you get along. You cannot save (with one exception where there is an autosave once you travel with an elevator)

If you die, you go directly to end credits, and have to reload a save in Nocturne OP55N1 again, and wait 5 minutes for the dialogue option to appear again, etc. etc.

What makes it even harder is that every couple of minutes you have another relic malfunction, that reduces your total health above which you cannot heal, resulting in many opponents being able to insta-kill you, even if you have maxed out armor that is fully upgraded, and you are leveled very high.

I have gotten really close to what I think is the end, but then I met **** near overwhelming resistance in close quarters.

I think using a System Reset quickhack on them at that point could probably take out most of them as they are so close together, but I got instakilled before I could deploy it.

I'm going to keep trying. I don't give up that easily. :p

Also, keep in mind, they completely rebalanced the game with the v1.5 patch, so you can't get even close to the same amount of armor as you previously could.
Yes I did. I went through all of the endings pre-v1.2.

Become a Patron!
Back