Fractal Design Introduces a Brand-New Look for Its Torrent Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Fractal Design has announced that its Torrent series, a lineup of PC cases that are built to maximize cooling potential straight out of the box and feature an open front grille, are now available in a whiteout version.

See full article...

I really wanted to like the Torrent, but couldn't bring myself to. With the cramped space behind the motherboard and the excessive heat gathered at the top of the case to go along with higher power supply temperatures, it was less than stellar. Nice looking case overall, especially the new white out version. Old pic of my Torrent build that I would have kept if not for the above issues.
11-5-21.jpg

I'm really against the grille design. It looks nice but the long term will be very impractical. At first, they're not too hard to keep clean but long term, especially where heat and airflow are concerned, crap just gets cooked onto it. So happy with my Carbide and it's taught me that removable mesh and/or filters are the way to go for the front and top. I also love having the covers for both to prevent dust when I'm not using it to game.

At first, they're not too hard to keep clean but long term, especially where heat and airflow are concerned, crap just gets cooked onto it
Exactly. Also the Torrent allowed the most dust into my build than I have ever seen, and I am on top of cleaning my desk area. I forgot all the plastic that makes it feel cheaper than the price would suggest.

Become a Patron!
Back