PowerColor RX 7900 XTX Liquid Devil Uses over 460W to Clock 350 MHz Higher than the Reference Model

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Famed overclocker Der8auer has pushed PowerColor's newest flagship AMD graphics card to its limits and shown just how power-hungry the card can get when overclocked in its "Unleashed" mode. Teased and then announced in February, the PowerColor RX 7900 XTX Liquid Devil features a full-cover water block designed by EK combined with a custom PCB from PowerColor. Power delivery is achieved with 3x 8-pin connectors along with a 12+3+2 phase GPU VRM design and a 2+2 phase design for its VRAM. In Unleashed mode, the card was able to be overclocked to roughly 2.8 GHz which is 7% higher than the reference model. However, at this point, its appetite for power reaches new levels and was seen consuming 463 Watts.

See full article...

According to my amazon search it is available for $1097, earliest varrival 3/9 5 in stock.

According to my amazon search it is available for $1097, earliest varrival 3/9 5 in stock.
you must be lookin at the 6900XT Liquid Devil, because the 7900 XTX Liquid Devil is not available anywhere.

I'm a sucker for puns and dad jokes.

you must be lookin at the 6900XT Liquid Devil, because the 7900 XTX Liquid Devil is not available anywhere.
I can find the red devil not the liquid devil.

The devil's in the details. Yeah, I did a quick search on Amazon and nada for "powercolor liquid devil amd radeon rx 7900 xtx" but I did see the red devil for 1097.

I'm expecting it to be about $1500 USD. If it's more then there is zero point in buying it over the Red Devil and the EK waterblock separate for less money.

and, boo, the EK block for the Red Devil is still only available for pre-order with estimated shipping date of April 7.

Become a Patron!
Back