MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G Video Card Review

I will grant you DLSS 3 increases framerate, but I will also state that is all it does. Remember, the frames are not generated by the render pipeline or game engine, they are simulated frames. In addition, latency and frametime is added. To get the most from the user not experiencing visual bugs or oddities, you basically need to be operating in the hundreds of Hz of frequency to begin with with it. Therefore, it is not good for lower base framerates, but rather high base framerates, which defeats the purpose to begin with. The input latency is increased, and will never be the same as pure DLSS 2 or no DLSS. The input latency between the user and frametime, is not translated to framerate, and thus your eyes are seeing one thing, and your body and brain are feeling another, and it is a disjointed gaming experience at best. All of this can be avoided by just not using frame generation, with any upscaling, frametime and latency will instantly be better than without, vastly improving the gameplay experience in a more meaningful way.
Have you seen any reviews or commentary from those using the frame generation feature claiming it is causing any disassociative issues with gameplay?

Everything ive heard is only goof thus far.

I still think DLSS is bs. For me a min 100 fps at native 4k is going to be where I want to switch out what I have now.

I'm going to go with my personal experience, whitepaper deep dives, and countless other videos online about the mechanics, and experiences it provides.

I'm going to go with my personal experience, whitepaper deep dives, and countless other videos online about the mechanics, and experiences it provides.
Ok I missed your post talking about using DLSS3 with Frame generation.

I do not have a 4000 series, so I can't speak to frame generation, but with a 3080, I do have a select few games that support DLSS. My experience has been mixed.

On some games, it's not horrible: you turn it on, you get more frames, you don't notice much else. Which I think it what it's supposed to do. On some others, you turn it on and you start seeing weird artifacts or strange texture issues and it's obvious and jarring.

So I guess the answer is: it just depends on the game. It's a crutch, nothing is a 100% replacement for raw performance. I'm just hoping developers don't start using it as an excuse to not optimize

I'm gonna say it will depend on the game, but IMO the games that are not that affected by its drawbacks are the ones that benefit the least from its advantages.

Case in point Flight Simulator.

Become a Patron!
Back