Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Is Coming to 4K Blu-ray as a 27-Disc Box Set on March 31, 2020

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Star Wars films are already available in UHD on Disney+, but a 4K Blu-ray release is on the way for home theater enthusiasts who desire the best in visual and audio quality.

Best Buy has opened up its pre-order page for "Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga," a 27-disc box set that includes all nine films in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and digital. It's priced at $249.99 and appears to be a limited-edition exclusive.

Keep in mind that "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" and "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" are merely upscales. That's because the prequels were shot on Sony's HDW-F900 and HDC-F950 CineAlta digital cameras, which are limited to 1080p.

Up until now, the original and prequel trilogies have not appeared in 4K Ultra HD, so this collection will likely be of interest to dedicated fans who want to watch all of the movies in the best available format.

Not worth it since I own all of them so far anyways, plus Disney+. Don't need them in 4K Ultra HD.

Figured this would be happening soon. Disney+ has all of them in 4k/DolbyVision/Atmos. Granted it's streaming but it does look better than the blu-rays.

Yeah too bad we cannot have BR versions of the old school original trilogy. Just the Special Ed bastards.

I knew I should have kept my laserdisc set.

Yeah too bad we cannot have BR versions of the old school original trilogy. Just the Special Ed bastards.

I knew I should have kept my laserdisc set.
If you haven't found the Despecialized editions... It's worth a look.

Well, Im seriously wondering how many fans are left to buy this. Only very serious fans buy this... Those haven't been buying toys or collecting SW crap. I wonder how many got tired of being treated like a cash cow and nothing else.

If you haven't found the Despecialized editions... It's worth a look.

I did try the Harmy versions but I kept getting bad downloads and they would glitch out while playing. Plus the whole "downloading" thing in general.

I did try the Harmy versions but I kept getting bad downloads and they would glitch out while playing. Plus the whole "downloading" thing in general.
Yeah, those are the ones. I didn't have issues with bad downloads, but agree with the general problems of "downloading" :/

Become a Patron!
Back