Eidos-Montréal Reportedly Wants to Make New Deus Ex Game That Will Do “What Cyberpunk 2077 Couldn’t”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
One of the greater hopes that Eidos-Montréal fans have had following the news of the studio's pending acquisition by Embracer Group is a new Deus Ex game.

Go to post

Mankind Divided only did poorly because Eidos pushed the dev to include mixrotransaction, resulting in a huge portion of the fan base boycotting it. At least initially.

It was, and still is, a great game.

I'd totally be interested in another Deus Ex title, ad öobg as they don't duck it up.

All the power to them if they can pull it off. I've got my doubts but I am a fan of the studio so I'll probably be happy with whatever they get out.

The real issue to me, is the world and back story. The actual cyberpunk universe is a rich story to be tapped. I love the cyberpunk universe.

Mankind Divided only did poorly because Eidos pushed the dev to include mixrotransaction, resulting in a huge portion of the fan base boycotting it. At least initially.

It was, and still is, a great game.

I'd totally be interested in another Deus Ex title, ad öobg as they don't duck it up.
Mankind divided was great, it is unfortunate that it's story was left half told. But it was so long ago, that it might not be feasible to continue that story, but rather start a new one. Square Enix bombed that game with the billion pre-order variants and exclusive missions and items. Marketing it like it was some MMO.

I don't think the next Deus Ex needs to be an AAA game, they should take a hint from Teyon and Terminator Resistance. Their upcoming Robocop game also looks promising.

The real issue to me, is the world and back story. The actual cyberpunk universe is a rich story to be tapped. I love the cyberpunk universe.
Deus Ex world is much better, it has all the best parts of Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, and real world stuff.
Making a specifically cyberpunk game limits you to the established lore of that universe (unless you are disney or amazon and don't give a toss about that)

Well if they have a vision, Eidos is in the right hands to put out a decent game. Embracer Group has been pretty accommodating to good studios. I'm a big fan of Coffee Stain, and they have let Gearbox do pretty much whatever they want without too much micromanaging.

Become a Patron!
Back