NVIDIA RTX TITAN to Feature Triple-Fan Setup, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA is preparing a new TITAN RTX graphics card that will feature a triple-fan setup, according to hardware leaker @kopite7kimi, who took to Twitter yesterday and claimed that the alleged renders of the flagship GPU that have been going around, which show it as having dual 16-pin power connectors and a quad-slot design, are "totally fake."

See full article...

Everyone pretty much knows there will be something coming out to succeed the 4090. NV left enough unused on the die to be obvious with the usual ~10% gain left to be had. A number of us though have already been wondering if it marks the return of the Titan or is another Ti. I recommend they stick with Ti if the rumors about the gains for the 50 series are to be believed because it used to be that if you had a Titan it wasn't just automatically dethroned with the next x80 or x90 release. If they do a Titan it should be a bit more exceptional than a mere ~10% improvement over the current x90.

Huh ... In my mind I always equated a Titan with "two GPUS linked by internal SLI on one board." Maybe that's how they started, and the boards have always been beyond my budget and use case so I never looked into them any further.

Was the Titan W ever released? I've never seen that card. I'm assuming it's two Titan V (V100 GPU)?

edit
It was posted on April 1. That's an april fools joke. lmao

edit 2
I believe they did dual cards before the 490 and named them something X2. Pretty sure I had one, can't remember what it was though, 9800GX2 I think? Card ran super hot, but if you could get the cooling in check it was pretty strong for it's day.

Last edited:
So, its Turing, not Ada Lovelace.

Interesting.

The Titan hasnt been a gaming product for some time now. I expect it to have super crazy Enterprise pricing and not even have game optimized drivers.

Become a Patron!
Back