NZXT H9 Series PC Cases Featuring Seamless Wrap-Around Glass Panels Launched

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The NZXT H9 Series PC cases have launched with the availability of the Elite and Flow models which feature a wrap-around glass panel design. Both are dual-chamber mid-tower cases that can support up to 10 fans or multiple radiator configurations and are available in black or white.

See full article...

Yet the glass panels are not perforated. Seems a detriment to air flow.

Yet the glass panels are not perforated. Seems a detriment to air flow.
Kinda depends - if they have it set up right, and you put fans in the right spots - you can still get nice air channeling going through the case. Done wrong and yeah, you get a hot house.

I do kinda like the look - I think it would have been neater if that were a solid piece with a 90’ curve rather than that sharp corner that looks kinda fishtanky.

Kinda depends - if they have it set up right, and you put fans in the right spots - you can still get nice air channeling going through the case. Done wrong and yeah, you get a hot house.

I do kinda like the look - I think it would have been neater if that were a solid piece with a 90’ curve rather than that sharp corner that looks kinda fishtanky.
Fishtanky, its exactly what it is.

I had an 011 Dynamic case and that was a hot house. The XL version wasn't as bad, which I accounted for the use of larger 140mm fans. This case does look nice and I love my H7 Flow case, but I guess there is only so much you can do with a PC case, so now everyone is starting to mimic each others designs to a point.

but I guess there is only so much you can do with a PC case

There is lot's you can do (look at coolermasters shark and shoe case), but it needs to be viable from what I heard, white cases vs black cases sell 1 white for every 8 black orso making white ones more expensive.

You are right about the 011, my PCMR version was quickly relegated to backup PC and replaced by an XL one due to temps

Air flow isn't really a problem in cases like this. Instead of front intake it's side and bottom, with top and rear exhaust.

Air flow isn't really a problem in cases like this. Instead of front intake it's side and bottom, with top and rear exhaust.
I would agree with you their except my 011 was very warm. I'll take the conventional straight from the front air flow instead of the 90 degree turn the cases force the airflow to take.

Ironically, even though I think the Elite looks nicer with that glass top I'd probably opt for the Flow model. I do like how the other side panel is all mesh, along with a part of the top, but you still have to force the airflow. Something else I noticed when doing the story about their new PSU was an image from the PSU product page that shows it mounted on the backside of the motherboard and literally appears to be behind the CPU. I've got some doubts about that being a good idea. I'm mostly certain this image is using one of these cases but I could easily be wrong. Definitely pros and cons to this. It could work but also make things worse for the CPU.

1673299654-c1200-gold-psu-system-black.png

I did see some reviews for this case yesterday but haven't checked them out yet and I don't know (@David_Schroth) if it's one we can get in the pipeline.

I've seen it with acrylic. Sometimes looks good sometimes looks trash panda. Someone Needs a method to have ventilated glass or see through panels so we don't sacrifice cooling so much for appearances sake.
You don't have too. Just use bottom to top airflow instead of front to back.

You don't have too. Just use bottom to top airflow instead of front to back.
That works for most setups but anyone running a system in a cubby that allows good front to back will be left out. Also for me I've been considering adding some bottom intake or side intake for my case but would prefer just better flow from the front where my 200mm fans are with the sheet of glass in front of them (with side gaps for air flow mind you.)

That works for most setups but anyone running a system in a cubby that allows good front to back will be left out. Also for me I've been considering adding some bottom intake or side intake for my case but would prefer just better flow from the front where my 200mm fans are with the sheet of glass in front of them (with side gaps for air flow mind you.)
If it's enclosed why do you need glass on the sides anyway?

Try finding a large case without glass on the sides. It's more of a struggle than it's worth.
IDK, I see multiple hiend cases with no glass just looking at a single outlet.
But wait I thought you wanted the glass, then what exactly are you looking for?

IDK, I see multiple hiend cases with no glass just looking at a single outlet.
But wait I thought you wanted the glass, then what exactly are you looking for?
Me? I want all things all the time. I want transparent mesh but In don't want LED's unless I want them then I do. I want ease of use and ease of cooling with no dust collection. I want cases to be able to have a swappable motherboard mount meaning if I want my window on the right side of the case I can have it there with my motherboard oriented so I can see my cards and components. With the powersupply behind it.

I suppose I want advancement in the space not just the next iteration of the same thing.

But seriously you find me a good big case like the Thermaltake View 51 that has reversible motherboard trays and side panels and I'll be all about it.

Me? I want all things all the time. I want transparent mesh but In don't want LED's unless I want them then I do. I want ease of use and ease of cooling with no dust collection. I want cases to be able to have a swappable motherboard mount meaning if I want my window on the right side of the case I can have it there with my motherboard oriented so I can see my cards and components. With the powersupply behind it.

I suppose I want advancement in the space not just the next iteration of the same thing.

But seriously you find me a good big case like the Thermaltake View 51 that has reversible motherboard trays and side panels and I'll be all about it.
Maybe https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/dark-base/771

I don't think many cases have reversible tray to begin with, that seems to be a feature specific for that case. There are some innovations that no matter how good just never catch on. For example I had a case in 1998 with a slide out motherboard tray. The entire MB tray could be slid out with the IO panel and expansion slots, you could basically build the entire system on a desk then slide it in as one piece. It was brilliant, and I've not seen that anywhere else since.

Become a Patron!
Back