Atomic Heart New Live-Action Trailer Featuring Jensen Ackles Takes a Jab at Hogwarts Legacy

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The trailer begins with a child attempting to use magic to destroy a robot manakin. After her attempts at spellcasting fail to produce anything she gives up and then Jensen appears, she asks "How are we going to survive the robot apocalypse?" to which Jensen is all too happy to demonstrate the proper way to deal with technological adversaries. The team even managed to squeeze one final joke as Jensen finishes his rampage by obliterating a pesky large balloon at the end of the trailer.

See full article...

Ok that was pretty funny, with the Chinese balloon and all. In 6 months no one will remember that.

Ok that was pretty funny, with the Chinese balloon and all. In 6 months no one will remember that.
One of the more entertaining game trailers I've seen - this is also on one of the game passes I have, so I guess I'll check it out on Tuesday.

I don't have confidence in this game. It looks shallow, may be fun for 5 minutes. And then devolves into a repetitive endless grind.

Omg, somebody calling Diablo grind instead of God's gift to human kind?! What is going on here....
Diablo ii is one of my favorite games, and I’m super glad they did a remaster. That said, I get tired of it after about a year

One of the more entertaining game trailers I've seen - this is also on one of the game passes I have, so I guess I'll check it out on Tuesday.
Same here. Will be checking it out later this week.
I don't have confidence in this game. It looks shallow, may be fun for 5 minutes. And then devolves into a repetitive endless grind.
That basically is just about any PC game out there anymore.

I'll be curious to hear what you folks have to say about it after trying it. I'm quasi-interested in the game but I'll wait until I hear more about it before even thinking of buying. I think it looks o.k.

The game seems interesting, but there have been accusations of it sucking up data and sending it to the FSB, which is problematic.

You also have to wonder how they are getting around financial sanctions against Russia.

Last edited:
The game seems interesting, but there have been accusations of it sucking up data and sending it to the FSB, which is problematic.

You also have to wonder how they are getting around financial sanctions against Russia.
By being owned by tencent and having a western publisher.

I don't believe the FSB stuff. It is likely just detractors being detractors. Since wireshark exists it is not really possible to do large data collection without being noticed.

By being owned by tencent and having a western publisher.

I don't believe the FSB stuff. It is likely just detractors being detractors. Since wireshark exists it is not really possible to do large data collection without being noticed.

I'd imagine with most connections being encrypted these days, and even offline single player games constantly dialing home to the publisher/developer it would be pretty difficult to tell the difference between a nefarious connection and a benign one.

I'd imagine with most connections being encrypted these days, and even offline single player games constantly dialing home to the publisher/developer it would be pretty difficult to tell the difference between a nefarious connection and a benign one.
You can still see how much data is being sent and its destination. I'm sure this is just fearmongering, besides what possible use they'd have for random gamer data at the FSB?

You can still see how much data is being sent and its destination. I'm sure this is just fearmongering, besides what possible use they'd have for random gamer data at the FSB?

Oh you know, the normal stuff. Cast a wide enough net of gamers, and sooner or later one of them is boubd to work at the state department or the DOD or a defense contractor or something like that.

Maybe they are dumb enough to install games on machines on which they also work and data can be stolen directly? Maybe they have some interesting information on their machine that can be used for blackmail?

Just because data is compromising does not need to mean that it is large in size, and if you are sneaky about it you can send drives and drabs where or there so it doesn't look suspicious. That, and a memory dump used as part of crash fixes can be pretty large. (though usually they ask nicely first before they send those...)

And destination doesn't really mean much in a world full of VPN's, rental servers, etc. And ever if it contacts an IP address currently in Russia, how do you know it isn't just a crash log going to the developer in Russia? They could even intentionally crash the game to give it reasonable cover.

Last edited:
I agree. Seems like the norm nowadays is to cause mass panic where there is no proof there to back up the claims.

Oh you know, the normal stuff. Cast a wide enough net of gamers, and sooner or later one of them is boubd to work at the state department or the DOD or a defense contractor or something like that.
Even if that were the case how would the game know that it is installed on such a machine? In order to find out it would need to conduct extensive data collection on every computer it is on. Which would not go unnoticed. You can monitor what files are being accessed, if Atomic Heart starts scanning your documents it would get caught red handed in an instant .
Just because data is compromising does not need to mean that it is large in size, and if you are sneaky about it you can send drives and drabs where or there so it doesn't look suspicious. That, and a memory dump used as part of crash fixes can be pretty large. (though usually they ask nicely first before they send those...)
You stilll need to scan large swabs of data to find the tiny interesting bit, not that a basic spy software could decide what is valuable intelligence and what isn't.
And destination doesn't really mean much in a world full of VPN's, rental servers, etc. And ever if it contacts an IP address currently in Russia, how do you know it isn't just a crash log going to the developer in Russia? They could even intentionally crash the game to give it reasonable cover.
The frequency of the data, the size, is it one location or multiple, who owns the destination ip, all can be red flags.
If I was the FSB I'd say it is not worth the hassle, to spy on a million gamers on the off chance that one might be a defence contractor, who is also stupid enough to store classified information on their gaming PC.

Become a Patron!
Back