Grand Theft Auto VI’s RAGE 9 Engine Teased with Advanced Lighting System, Revolutionary Water Physics, and More: “Graphics Gap between RDR 2 an...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
How much of an improvement is Grand Theft Auto VI going to be versus Rockstar's previous blockbuster, Red Dead Redemption 2? Pretty massive, according to a new feature that Rockstar Mag shared earlier this week, which discusses how the latest iteration of the action-adventure series has been developed on a new, advanced engine that offers a number of significant innovations. RAGE 9, as the engine is called, is said to offer big advancements in not only physics (e.g., more realistic water and vehicle deformations), a real weather system, improved AI for smarter enemies and NPCs, but also physically simulating lighting, a first for the series that enables more realistic-looking textures and more. "The graphics gap between Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA VI will be greater than the one we experienced between GTA V and RDR 2," the author notes.

See full article...

That's a pretty impressive advancement if they pull it off.

Gimmicks like that are not the epitome of physics, it is 20 year old technology.

Writing it will be so much better without showing anything is easy.

RDR2 with all its attention to detail was still a boring game. I'd have exchanged all the gimmicks in it for a compelling and exciting story in a heartbeat.

Rockstar are the masters of sociopath characters. And playing as such is not very enticing to me.

Im honestly with ya here, I havent really enjoyed a single rockstar game.
Mile wide 2 inches deep.
The last one I really enjoyed was GTA IV, I did not like the story, but at least Niko wasn't completely unlikeable, he had some redeeming qualities. But ultimately the game made no sense why were you still doing petty small time stuff when you already had millions after the bank job?

The only half decent story they produced was ballad of gay tony.

I love crime movies. Maybe that is why I like the Rockstar games... they are essentially single player crime movies.

I've tried really hard to get into their games but never managed to stay engaged. I really, really, appreciate the visuals and attention to detail but just never manage to keep playing. I probably spent more time using the GTA V benchmark, or driving around listening to the radio, than I did actually playing the game. I still hope to finish RDR2 at some point but I doubt I'm going to get GTA VI when it comes out.

I've tried really hard to get into their games but never managed to stay engaged. I really, really, appreciate the visuals and attention to detail but just never manage to keep playing. I probably spent more time using the GTA V benchmark, or driving around listening to the radio, than I did actually playing the game. I still hope to finish RDR2 at some point but I doubt I'm going to get GTA VI when it comes out.
Oh if they keep up their console first trend I KNOW I won't be getting it when it comes out.

Become a Patron!
Back