3700X memory controller

What are those modules rated at? The guys at Microcenter were telling me that those didn't overclock for ****. Granted, I wouldn't generally listen to those guys but I almost impulse bought some as they seem popular and I like the way they look. Typically, if someone at a retail store is discouraging you from buying something without pushing something more expensive, its for a good reason.

I meant to look into it, but hadn't thought about it until your post.

19-20-20-40 timings at 3600 is the XMP profile. I have them running at 16-18-19-34 @ 3600 1.4v. They can definitely be tightened up a little more.

I wanted to know if you had bought the 3200MHz stuff and overclocked it. It sounds like you have the 3600MHz stuff and are simply running tighter timings than it was spec'ed at.

I wanted to know if you had bought the 3200MHz stuff and overclocked it. It sounds like you have the 3600MHz stuff and are simply running tighter timings than it was spec'ed at.

That's correct. I bought two of the kits linked below. They're not Samsung B-die, but Hynix C-die. I have them stable at 16-16-17-31 and still a little wiggle room in the subs. Not bad considering their price.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232764?Item=N82E16820232764

At that price, it's hard to argue with them. I'm tempted to get a pair of them for my setup given their price, but its a lateral move, if not a step backwards from the older DDR4 3600MHz stuff I have, which I believe is B-die. The Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHz stuff I'm running isn't pretty. It has no RGB lighting or anything but it does at least 3866MHz at CL18 timings and at stock voltages.

Become a Patron!
Back