4A Games Releases Statement on Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition and AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
metro-exodus-key-art-spring-1024x576.jpg
Image: 4A Games

When 4A Games published its announcement for Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition on Wednesday, it included a bullet point in the FAQ section noting that the title would not support AMD’s upcoming answer to NVIDIA DLSS, FidelityFX Super Resolution. 4A Games has now released a statement clarifying that it hasn’t actually tested FidelityFX Super Resolution yet and that it was merely referring to the broader FidelityFX open-source image quality toolkit, which comprises various solutions for greater visuals such as Contrast Adaptive Sharpening and Ambient Occlusion. This isn’t great news for AMD fans who were tricked into thinking FidelityFX Super Resolution was already in the hands of select developers, but AMD Radeon CVP and GM...

Continue reading...

**** like this is why I personally don't consider a AMD GPU atm, especially in the $1k price range.
(yeah I know, we can't buy anything anyways)

These "Enhanced Editions" are really great if you want to play a title several years later.

in the case of Metro Exodus I've already played it, and I just don't replay single player games. I'm interested in the story, and if I already know how it ends there is little interest to me.

Maybe I'll take advantage of an Enhanced Edition of Cyberpunk by the time I get a new GPU and get around to playing it :p

So who tricked who into thinking what?
Its always a bit funny to see 'the community' play the game of telephone, come up with their own stories, then accuse AMD of lying. Don't know if this is what this is about though.

This is working out well for me.
I just bought it after playing far too much Forza Horizon 4, and it plays absolutely wonderfully with HDR+RTX Quality DLSS using a 3090.
Not having played the game at all before makes it a great starting experience.

Only played a couple of hrs so far and it seems to be on rails (cant explore much) most of the time but the gfx quality is super.
I expect it to open up later.
The story is good too, though we dont get to see how close he really is to Anna ;)

Become a Patron!
Back