A Leaked Image from GIGABYTE Shows Nine GeForce RTX 4070 SKUs with Three Different VRAM Sizes

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
A reader over at VideoCardz provided a tip that GIGABYTE has, at one point, listed nine different SKUs for NVIDIA's upcoming mid-tier video card. A leaked image from a GIGABYTE promotional game bundle page shows 10 GB, 12 GB, and 16 GB GeForce RTX 4070 models. It is believed that alternate memory offerings were being considered for production but then dropped as NVIDIA committed to 12 GB for the GeForce RTX 4070 and as such these alternates should be thought of as essentially nothing more than placeholders but NVIDIA is well known for making multiple versions of its mid and lower-tier video cards so it's not completely off the table that a different version could be released at a later date if NVIDIA feels there's a spot in the market to fill it with.

See full article...

70-75% of the power of a 70ti. So $600 starting point for the 12GB card perhaps? Nah, who am I kidding $600 for the 10GB version. $750+ for the 16GB version. Given that the 4060ti is supposed to be around $500.

Just 9? Its almost like instead of providing real value and a price cut, they add SKUs instead.

I see three different RAM sizes :p

I'm all for offering them with different RAM options, just as long as a 4070 is a 4070. In other words, same core counts and clocks (except for overclock versions)

The ongoing theory is that NV will only be offering the 12GB model but I wouldn't be surprised that if AMD makes something with a different size and is competitive with this that NV will suddenly announce a similar version. I've noticed them regularly doing this since the GeForce 10 series cards and we saw the same with Ampere.

Just 9? Its almost like instead of providing real value and a price cut, they add SKUs instead.
GIGABYTE is notorious for that. Some of the EEC listing leaks we've seen for them have had closer to a dozen at times but I'm not sure how many actually end up getting released though.

Become a Patron!
Back