AAA Games Getting PC Releases in 2020

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Big-PC-Games-of-2020-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: The FPS Review

Yesterday’s released demo for Resident Evil 3 should serve as a reminder that 2020 has a number of upcoming AAA game releases. We saw the beginning of a new era in 2019 when NVIDIA introduced hardware based ray tracing to the consumer market. Still in its infancy it did manage to get incorporated into a number of big budget games. Some smaller studios have even gained notable recognition for their implementation of the new tech. Rumors continue to float around that AMD is developing their own version while no one for sure knows what Intel may have up their sleeve. Dolby’s object based sound, Atmos, has found its way into a few along with HDR. Meanwhile 4K gaming continues to gain ground as many focus on faster frames with 1080p or 1440p. Needless to say there’s a lot of technology available for gaming in 2020, with more to come, and games to enjoy it...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm cautiously optimistic about Cyberpunk 2077 and the Final Fantasy 7 re-release. Outriders and Godfall could be interesting, but they could also just be reskinned retreads of existing games.

I was never into the game but always want to dig into Path of Exile, and the way they are rolling out 2.0 (possible late 2020) could be very interesting and make me finally jump into that game.

I'm not holding my breath, but I would like to see if anything on Anthem turns around this year.

FF7 is PS4 timed exclusive, so debating if I want to jump on that this summer or wait. It will probably get a PC release eventually.

Cyberpunk is on my list, but the rest of those are kind of meh to me.

Yea cyberpunk is definitely on my list. The others.. ehhh maybe when they go cheap.

2020 is the Year of Crusader Kings 3. best Gran Strategy will finally get a sequel

Not terribly interested in Half Life, Wasteland. Jury is way out on Avengers. Interested but will wait to read many reviews first. I am curious about the VR experience for Half Life. I'll probably get the rest on the list though.

Become a Patron!
Back