Acer Unveils Eco-Friendly 4K UHD Projectors with HDR10 Compatibility and 30,000-Hour Lifespan

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Acer is launching two of its new eco-friendly Vero laser projectors today, designed to elevate home entertainment experiences while minimizing their environmental impact, featuring 4K UHD resolution and HDR10 compatibility to deliver what the company says are stunning visuals and enhanced brightness with 4000 ANSI lumens from its laser/LED hybrid light source.

See full article...

Yep, heard about this one and its tempting but I'm mostly set on just getting a bigger oled down the road. I'm hoping I can get an LG 85" C-class for around $3000 in a few years and just mount it to the wall and call it done.

Otherwise, 4,000 ANSI lumens is pretty amazing for a 4K projector. At ~$1,600 it's not bad. When I went to Acer's site it also said there's a 240 Hz 1080p mode but the major downside is no mention of VRR and it's not HDMI 2.1. I also read some mention that it might support 3D but I'm not sure about that and that it can include an Android dongle which would be a huge plus. That with Arc takes out a lot of headache.

Interesting. But I think if I was going projector I would be more interested in one of the laser ultra short throw types so I don't have to ceiling mount and deal with wiring / noise over my head. Still if one already had an older projector setup this could be a nice swap in upgrade

But I think if I was going projector I would be more interested in one of the laser ultra short throw types so I don't have to ceiling mount and deal with wiring / noise over my head.
I gotta wonder what the compromises are for the short-throw ones - there are optics involved and imperfections are going to be magnified.

Also wondering about the noise / etc.; if I were doing a projector (and like @Peter_Brosdahl I'd rather have a direct-view OLED), I'd only want to ceiling or back wall mount it depending on the room; primarily I'd be concerned with cables, the protection of the projector, and alignment as anything placed in the middle of a room is likely to be pressured to be moved out of the way at times.

Noise can probably be dealt with. Put a box with sound-dampening material around it to limit avenues of noise escape, and if necessary wire up a set up large, quiet fans (Noctua 200mm?) that start with the projector to evacuate the box itself.

Noise. Yep another issue that become increasingly annoying as projectors get brighter. I admit I never thought about doing the measures @LazyGamer mentioned and I'm sure they'd work but still given all the other limitations of projectors, I'm pretty much done buying more. Our current, and third since I started buying them is an Optoma UHD50 and while it is impressive, even at 2400 lumens, HDR10, and when the room is totally dark, can have issues with dark scenes that are very common to HDR movies. Add in the fan noise and over the years I've become a bit annoyed with it even though it is a blast with the 200-300" image.

That being said and this TV is getting some praise from tech reviewers and it's price/specs are impressive.

Become a Patron!
Back