Ahsoka Episode 5 Features the Best Shots in Star Wars History, Fans Say

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Star Wars fans have taken to social media to claim that the fifth episode of Lucasfilm's new Ahsoka series, which began streaming last night on Disney+, features the best shots in the history of the franchise, beating even those that George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, and Richard Marquand came up with for the prequels and/or original trilogy. The shots in question occur during the Clone Wars flashbacks and lightsaber fight between Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker, in which Hayden Christensen's character can be seen flashing between the Jedi version of himself and Darth Vader, with red lightsaber in hand. Christensen, who has starred in two episodes of Ahsoka thus far, demonstrates how he's just as good with a lightsaber as he was in 2005's Revenge of the Sith during the episode's fights.

See full article...

I'd say that the last episodes of the Mandalorian had better shots... at least more... cinematic events. Yes the shot of Anakin in those sequences was compelling. So maybe from story board element it's good, but the shots I'm thinking of in Mandalorian were much better.

I really enjoyed this last episode. Seeing Anakin flash back and forth between sides was the highlight for sure.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too - I went into Ahsoka really jaded with how the latest Star Wars series have turned out (pretty much everything non-Filoni) but it's won me over. Especially with EP 5. I was really impressed how well the Clone Wars stuff translated into live action (including the young Ahsoka).

I can only imagine how good the series could've been had Lucas handed the series directly to Favreau and Filoni.

Wife is waiting for all the episodes to drop so she can binge it. She's dragging me through Clone Wars again to "be ready" for it.

I really need to give clone wars another chance. I liked it but didn't stick through it.

maybe I'm missing something, but while ep5 is pretty good, it's not great IMO, I just don't see it deserving so much fan fare.

But if this is the preamble of what's to come, pretty please welcome.

take a look at Rebels while you are at it.
Yep. Admittedly I bowed out of this show after ep3 but from 1-3, this show has had more to do with Rebels than Clone Wars. Now Ep5 sounds almost entirely based on Clone Wars.

Oh your right, it's Rebels, Shows how much attention I'm paying I guess. I didn't realize there was a difference until I mentioned Clone Wars and the wife decided I needed to be educated for the next 30 minutes.

:rolleyes:

TV time for me is - she watches whatever she wants while I dork around on Steam Deck and occasionally make some comment so it seems like I'm watching the same show she is.

Then when I get caught red handed not knowing wtf is going on - like when the plot twist hits and I have NFC what is going on - then the gig is up. But it's all copesetic until that moment anyway.

I watched this one last night. Wife wasn't into it but I might try to convince her later on.

I still stand by what I said about EPS 1-2 but I did enjoy this one. I skipped EP4 and don't feel any need to watch it. EP5 was far closer to what I'd expect from Dave Filoni. Still not a great episode but I would say it was pretty good and a lot more balanced than the premiere episodes imho. I'm actually at least interested in the next one. Also, despite all the media coverage for "best shots" and Clone Wars, and those segments were pretty awesome the series is still far more heavily based on Rebels and while it's titled Ahsoka it's more of an epilogue for Rebels. I'm both happy and saddened by this.

I have no problem either way.
I was a huge fan of Rebels, probably part of the minority that enjoyed it more than Clone Wars but I just thought this show would be more focused a on unique journey for Ahsoka than tying up things from Rebels. After it's all said and done I guess I'm happy either way also but I would've liked to have seen something more focused on her without pulling them in and instead just have had a solid standalone series for them (although I think this show is being used to test those waters).

I was a huge fan of Rebels, probably part of the minority that enjoyed it more than Clone Wars but I just thought this show would be more focused a on unique journey for Ahsoka than tying up things from Rebels. After it's all said and done I guess I'm happy either way also but I would've liked to have seen something more focused on her without pulling them in and instead just have had a solid standalone series for them (although I think this show is being used to test those waters).
I think I like this better. Just like Mandalorian wasn't about Din Djarin.

IMO its better to integrate the series into more of the SW universe and even switch focus on other characters.

I think I like this better. Just like Mandalorian wasn't about Din Djarin.
Agreed. I remember taking notice of the change of direction as it went on and appreciating the risks they took doing so.

Just watched episode 6. Not bad... very little Asoka. Setup for something big now that... they can setup the results from episode 5.

The Hero's Journey is being CLOSELY followed in this one. Like... almost literal translation into Star Wars. Not sure how much I like that.

This is what I am referring to by the Heroe's Journey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey

Just watched episode 6. Not bad... very little Asoka. Setup for something big now that... they can setup the results from episode 5.

The Hero's Journey is being CLOSELY followed in this one. Like... almost literal translation into Star Wars. Not sure how much I like that.

This is what I am referring to by the Heroe's Journey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey
Too soon to judge Ezra an Thrawn, but at least Thrawn looks promising.

I enjoyed Episode 6 as well. Turning out to be a good series so far overall.

Become a Patron!
Back