Aliens: Fireteam Is a Cooperative Third-Person Survival Shooter Set 23 Years after the Original Alien Trilogy

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
aliens-fireteam-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Cold Iron Studios

Cold Iron Studios has announced Aliens: Fireteam, a new cooperative third-person survival shooter that’s set 23 years after the events of Alien 3. Taking on the role of a Colonial Marine, players can team up with two friends or AI teammates and face off against waves of Xenomorphs and Weyland-Yutani synthetics in four unique campaigns that introduce new stories to the Alien universe. Their odds of survival can also be improved with an extensive variety of classes, weapons, gears, and perks.

“With Aliens: Fireteam, you and your friends will experience stepping into the boots of a squad of hardened Colonial Marines fighting in the ultimate battle for survival,” said Craig Zinkievich, Head of Cold Iron Studios. “This is the action game Aliens fans have been waiting for – hordes of different Xenomorphs...

Continue reading...

3 player Left 4 Dead but with Aliens. I dunno, maybe. I used to love AVP back in the day but since then we have seen nothing but turds in the Alien franchise. Ya Ya I know Alien - Isolation did "OK" but it was survival horror, not an action game.

And for my fellow grey hairs out there.... I used to play the Aliens game on my C64 and it was awesome.

Has anyone ever given that Predator game that came out a year or so tryout?

Yeah, I'm pretty burned out on all the Alien stuff right now. Had AvP Primal hunt and played the heck out of it. My wife still has it on her Jaguar. Loved the movies and have the original on 4K and that FOX boxset that came out a while back. Tried to watch Aliens(director cut) this weekend and once again found myself getting bored and couldn't finish. I think that's the third or fourth time that's happened in the last few years. It used to be one of my favorite movies.

I like Isolation but all the backtracking just killed any replayability for me. Colonial Marines, well, less said the better.

Maybe this will be fun, for some, for a little while, but honestly, it's like a carved-out part of the original games.

If it's not boring hide-n-seek or mindless shoot'em up bang-bang, the Alien franchise games has no other purpose but dead SSD space allocated.

If it's not boring hide-n-seek or mindless shoot'em up bang-bang, the Alien franchise games has no other purpose but dead SSD space allocated.
Dead ssd space.. the next great game where it gamifies the horrors of cleaning up your hard drives of unused junk. Pictures of your x... gone. Old files you never needed any more... gone.

I hate this three person bullshit. Destiny does it for most activities and so do a lot of other games. As if you would only ever have two friends. 4 would make more sense.

On a slightly related note, I did start a game of Dead Space over the weekend. Game naturally supports UW! I'm not sure how far I'll back into it but it's fun for now. I haven't played it in around 5+ years because I got sick of all the backtracking they do in all three games.

Become a Patron!
Back