Amazon Has Officially Announced a Second Season for Fallout Is in the Works

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Fans of Prime Video's new Fallout series can look forward to more episodes as Amazon has officially announced another season. While Variety had more-or-less already let the cat out of the bag regarding a second season by revealing details about Amazon's production tax credits just prior to the show's streaming debut this is the first official announcement for it. Fallout's main characters Maximus and Lucy can be seen in the promo art joining each other in the desert with The Ghoul subtly tipping his hat with two fingers.

See full article...

It's interesting that they are making a buddy/group adventure for what has ostensibly be a 1 MC game. Though I've no complaints.

I binged the remaining 6 episodes yesterday and mostly enjoyed them. Number 7 was the only one that dragged on for me but otherwise enjoyed it. There were only 1 or 2 surprises but most things were kind of out in the open and you could see where things were heading but I think that can be better than when writers go to ridiculous lengths to avoid predictable turns. Now the downside to this series, and most streaming series is that they are not episodic so for me there's no real going back to rewatch anything. It's a one and done since I'm not likely to find the time to re-binge much of anything anymore.

That being said I'm looking forward the 2nd season and even took some time to Google info about the vaults which I'm sure will lead to spoilers for this season and next but this show did at least draw me in enough to read most of that wiki which is more than what my time trying to play the games ever did. I do hope they try to wrap it up in three seasons though since dragging it on for 4 or 5 could be a bit much. I also like the cameos by various well known actors who seem to really enjoy those brief moments.

I watched the first two episodes last night. Never played the Fallout games before so I am a bit lost on anything that might be obvious if you played the games. Outside of that, I liked the first two episodes. Plan to watch a few more tonight or all the remaining episodes if I got time.

I watched the first two episodes last night. Never played the Fallout games before so I am a bit lost on anything that might be obvious if you played the games. Outside of that, I liked the first two episodes. Plan to watch a few more tonight or all the remaining episodes if I got time.
I noticed a few details - but if you play the game after, you'll pick up on them just the same. The show does roughly follow the Fallout 3 'process' that has you starting in a vault and figuring things out from there, so in that sense, it's a pretty good representation IMO.

Should I try out the Fallout games (i think i have them all... blame steam) but never played them. Does it matter if I start with 3 or should I start with 1 and work my way up?

edit
I only have Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4. I thought I bought them all on one of those pesky steam sales a while back. Oh well.

I'd say try Fallout 4, and perhaps you'll have better luck that I am.

I'm getting horrific performance regardless of game settings (and both CPU and GPU utilization far below 100%), and the game does not support ultrawides.

And the mod scene looks to have fallen off a bit, but I'll keep digging.

I'll say that either Fallout 3 or Fallout 4 will give you a similar experience (you start in a vault), and expose you to the factions that the show introduces.

Should I try out the Fallout games (i think i have them all... blame steam) but never played them. Does it matter if I start with 3 or should I start with 1 and work my way up?

edit
I only have Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4. I thought I bought them all on one of those pesky steam sales a while back. Oh well.
I think 1 and 2 are great games if you can stomach the old 2D turn based gameplay. I haave them on GoG and EGS (and also my old disk versions)

While New Vegas is a great game it is made by a different company and feels very different from 3 & 4 story wise

Fallout 4 will get an update soonish and is as good as any place to start.

Fallout 4 and 3 your a vault dweller. Fallout New Vegas... you're a mail person.

Become a Patron!
Back