Amazon's Top-10 List of Best-Selling Processors Is Composed Entirely of Ryzen Products

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
There has been a recurring story over the last few days about AMD's Ryzen CPUs ranking extremely highly on Amazon's best-selling list of processors. Well, it's Black Friday, and things are looking even better for red team: there isn't a single Intel chip on the top-10 list anymore. The page is dominated by both 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen processors (plus one MSI motherboard…), with the top seller being the Ryzen 7 2700X at $159.99.

AMD's CPU market unit share has increased every quarter since Q2 2017—it now stands at 18 percent. And it’s not just in the consumer market where things are improving; team red has seen its share of the server market jump 2.74 percent YoY. With Intel lagging on 7nm and PCI 4.0, expect AMD to keep clawing customers away from its rival.

I like to root for the underdog, and for AMD it has been a well deserved comeback...

I will feel better when it’s closer to a balance though, as that means the competition has reached an equilibrium and we are (ideally, hopefully) getting the best products from both teams at the best prices they can offer

I think Intel still has some bleeding to do first, and AMD will use the opportunity to raise margins and earn some money.

Not surprised to see this with all the AMD (well deserved) hype the last two to three months. Always good to have competition.

3900x + Motherboard combo is on my to buy list this year.
I am very happy to see AMD making a comeback.

Become a Patron!
Back