AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4B: Up to 20% Faster Boot Times, Per-CCX Overclocking, Higher Boosting, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MSI had hinted that AMD's next AGESA update (Combo PI 1.0.0.4 Patch B) would introduce plenty of new features, and it wasn't kidding. Following a blog post announcing the availability of that BIOS (and how it could speed up boot times by as much as 20%), DRAM Calculator for Ryzen author @1usmus has revealed additional improvements with a screenshot of MSI's updated Click BIOS.

New features include a new "CPU Ratio Apply Mode," which will allow enthusiasts to overclock per CCX without a third-party tool. There are also additional settings for managing voltage, as well as general performance increases.

The BIOS for X570 motherboards will be ready for users to download and update in the end of October. The updated BIOS version supports Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G running in X570 platform. On the other hand, it also supports RAID function including SATA- and NVMe-based drives for X570 motherboards. We are still working hard on other existing lineup of 300- and 400-series motherboard and will be released soon in November.

I wish I had a board to test this out... That is a genuinely great sounding update.
Cannot wait for the review of the update.

that's probably my only complaint about my ASRock X470 is the slow boot times

For the older chipset boards Loosing pcie 4 was a letdown -> had no issue with it.

Per CCX should allow better OCing potential pushing each CCX to the max. Faster boot times to me is a very minor upgrade, nice if you constantly reboot, shutdown etc. I don’t.

manufacturers haven't even gotten 1.0.0.4 out yet, and now 1.0.0.4B is coming? This is going to turn in to a forever waiting game.

For some, that wait sucks too. I am surprised they haven't just focused on just x570 boards and let us b450, and older, flounder

Become a Patron!
Back