AMD Commits to a Longer Upgrade Path, Bringing Zen 3 Support to X470 and B450 Chipsets/Motherboards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ryzen-amd-chip-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Are you one of the many Ryzen users who called out AMD for restricting its latest architecture to the X570 and B550 platforms? Well, it appears that your efforts weren’t in vain, as the company took to r/AMD this morning to announce that it would be bringing Zen 3 support to the 400 series as well.

This is a major win for enthusiasts who recently upgraded to an X470 or B450 motherboard and assumed that they’d work with Ryzen 4000 CPUs. It also opens up...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already sport'n an x570 chipset mobo .. but this is great news for those running 400 series chipsets.. might be an MSI only thing though due to their (almost) false advertising, but lets hope ASUS gets on board as well as ASRock and the others.

I'm already sport'n an x570 chipset mobo .. but this is great news for those running 400 series chipsets.. might be an MSI only thing though due to their (almost) false advertising, but lets hope ASUS gets on board as well as ASRock and the others.
I look at this as a promising sign for our futures on the x570 chipset. Not a promise but a **** good sign.

Welp, as long as Asrock doesn't screw me over, I can save a little $$ on my next upgrade and spend that on NVME etc.

Of course just because they CAN do a thing doesn't mean they will. My old AM3 Asus mobo taught me that. Companies don't make money off of bios updates, they make money by selling new mobos.

Good, not that I cared much at all. In any case they are making it hard via only providing the update after confirmation that you have a system up and running or some such. This makes sense in my view.

I tend to upgrade my motherboard with the CPU in most cases. It's rare that I don't.

Reactions: _k_
Become a Patron!
Back