AMD Continues to Lose Graphics Card Market Share to NVIDIA

AMDs strategy of pricing inches below NVIDIA doesn't work. It won't work in the best of times, it obviously works even less now ( though they probably selling to miners, so in way, yeah it works I guess, but as far as expanding in the gamer market, this idea is no bueno).
Thier prices need to reflect the fact that they have less trust, less performance, so on in the pc gamer market.
Either that or deliver such mind blowing performance in one punch that they can price it higher. Otherwise they need to deliver significantly higher value, and if you have a second fiddle part that means a significant price cut... its not about being viewed as 'cheap' , only way to expand is to offer value and only 2 ways to offer it, way higher performance or lower pricer .., once you expand and people see the value they can price in trust, and brand and all that... They don't have any of that with GPUs, they just don't... Im not saying I like it.

Last edited:
AMDs strategy of pricing inches below NVIDIA doesn't work. It won't work in the best of times, it obviously works even less now ( though they probably selling to miners, so in way, yeah it works I guess, but as far as expanding in the gamer market, this idea is no bueno).
Thier prices need to reflect the fact that they have less trust, less performance, so on in the pc gamer market.
Either that or deliver such mind blowing performance in one punch that they can price it higher. Otherwise they need to deliver significantly higher value, and if you have a second fiddle part that means a significant price cut... its not about being viewed as 'cheap' , only way to expand is to offer value and only 2 ways to offer it, way higher performance or lower pricer .., once you expand and people see the value they can price in trust, and brand and all that... They don't have any of that with GPUs, they just don't... Im not saying I like it.

Let's see how much water that holds with the new Intel gpus coming out. Will they price to gain trust? I doubt it.

If your cards sell out in seconds and you loose market share it's not the fault of pricing or perception or quality, it's that you don't have enough hardware on the market compared to your competitor who faces the same issues.

If your cards sell out in seconds and you loose market share it's not the fault of pricing or perception or quality, it's that you don't have enough hardware on the market compared to your competitor who faces the same issues.
True, i was going by some comments that AMD is available, though at higher than Nvidia prices, which is absurd. Its just a twisted market...
I guess I'm thinking more in less abnormal times. Perhaps this will be the perfect time for Intel to launch, if their cards suck at mining, it will be even better for them I think.

This is from the JPR report linked in the OP:
View attachment 1237
Hmm,

here is an excerpt from the report summary:

The market shares for the desktop discrete GPU suppliers shifted in the quarter, AMD’s market share increased from last quarter

and here is the wccftech article on the report:

This is from the JPR report linked in the OP:
Hmm,

here is an excerpt from the report summary:
Interestingly enough - the chart Armenius links is in the report referenced by Endgame.

I don't know how they can have the statement about AMD's market share, but have that chart also included, which shows a clear drop.

I think the author of the article looked at the chart in reverse to be honest, and thought the data on the left was the most current. That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

On the discrete GPU side, NVIDIA lost a single percentage point of share to AMD but still owns a healthy 80% of the entire discrete GPU market

That said, I trust wccftech about as much as I do my dog to guard a ham sandwich. They referenced JPR data but drew entirely incorrect conclusions from it.

Become a Patron!
Back