AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Could Be at Least 40 Percent Faster than Radeon RX 6900 XT

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-lineart-red-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Moore’s Law Is Dead has shared some interesting performance claims for AMD’s RDNA 3-based Radeon RX 7900 XT, which is believed to use an advanced node. The new GPU is expected to feature a 40 percent minimum performance increase over its predecessor. It could also see gains of up to 60 to 80 percent. Ray tracing and geometry performance per Dual-CU should also see improvement. According to AMD, RDNA 3 will have a 50 percent gain in efficiency over RDNA 2.

The Per Dual-CU claim is worth noting here, as this should allow AMD to increase their GPU’s ray tracing performance without relying on higher CU counts to increase their RT throughput. If AMD also launches GPUs with higher CU counts with RDNA 3, gamers can expect AMD’s ray tracing performance to explode with their next-generation offerings. 

Sources...

Continue reading...

"50 percent gain in efficiency over RDNA 2"

I'm no climate alarmist but millions upon millions of GPU's out there that suck power like mad might not be the best thing ever.
Probably unpopular view but would be nice to get more performance for less power draw.

I'm no climate alarmist but millions upon millions of GPU's out there that suck power like mad might not be the best thing ever.
Probably unpopular view but would be nice to get more performance for less power draw.
The ulterior motive here is that they don’t tend to adjust the TGP, since that has a ceiling on it for the form factor. So for a given power envelope you get more performance.

Everyone should always be pushing for more efficiency no matter the reason.

The ulterior motive here is that they don’t tend to adjust the TGP, since that has a ceiling on it for the form factor. So for a given power envelope you get more performance.

Everyone should always be pushing for more efficiency no matter the reason.

Not to mention if AMD wants a presence in the datacenters to expand efficiency is a BIG part of the game.

Needs to be about 300% faster in raytracing and 200% faster than the M1 for video editing... flip a coin over which is even more unlikely ;)

I love all of these speculation announcements. My wonder is... where are the 4080 and 4080 ti announcements? ;)

This announcement is just plain silly.
You cant even buy a last generation GPU right now, or a current generation GPU without taking out a loan.......
I just had a thought.
Scalpers should start offering a loan program.
Three installments at say 10% interest (per day of course) and then send you the GPU once they get the money in full.....

That trend supposedly started with Maxwell and Pascal, but was sort of put aside with Turing and Ampere (ampere is more efficient than Turing though) . At least we are not back to Kepler.

On the AMD side, RDNA2 finally brings power efficiency to nvidia levels.

This announcement is just plain silly.
You cant even buy a last generation GPU right now, or a current generation GPU without taking out a loan.......
I just had a thought.
Scalpers should start offering a loan program.
Three installments at say 10% interest (per day of course) and then send you the GPU once they get the money in full.....
Its not an announcement, its a rumor. Even the RTX3070ti and 3080Ti haven't been announced yet and they were supposed to be out by late last year.

BTW anyone remember which initial ampere/RDNA2 rumors turned out to be true?

Become a Patron!
Back