AMD Ryzen 5 5600X vs Ryzen 5 3600X Performance Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction Today we are going to directly compare performance between the AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU known as Matisse and AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU known as Vermeer. This is Zen 2 versus Zen 3, 6-core to 6-core CPUs head-to-head, in the mainstream mid-range performance realm for CPUs. We are going to find out if it is really worth it upgrading from the Ryzen 5 3600X to the newer Ryzen 5 5600X, generation to generation. Consider this our review of the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X. In a previous comparison, we had looked at the Ryzen 5 3600 versus the Ryzen […]

See full article...

That said I'd really be interested in a Re:Review. Comparing the 3600x 5600x and 7600x in modern games. Same for the 8 core ones.
Especially in 4K, I know it would be gpu limited, and that's exactly the point, to see how much an older CPU holds you back irl.

Especially in 4K, I know it would be gpu limited, and that's exactly the point, to see how much an older CPU holds you back irl.
I'm not so sure about the 3600K but I definitely have seen CPU bottleneck in 4K with my 4930K (@4.3 GHz) with more modern RT games. No matter what GPU I've paired it with a 3090 and 3090 Ti it has shown significant issues with games like Spider-Man Remastered, CB 2077, and The Witcher 3 Enhanced, Crysis Remastered. I haven't gotten around to testing Hogwarts on it yet. However, it still does well with just about anything not using more advanced/demanding RT features. The 3700X seems to be doing pretty well with most things still though.

Become a Patron!
Back