AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D for $294 at Newegg and Amazon during limited promotion

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
For me personally, this has been the best gaming CPU I have yet to own and it's currently on sale for $324.99 but there's a limited $30 off promotion that brings it down to $294.99.

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-...series/p/N82E16819113734?Item=N82E16819113734

Edit: I noticed that Amazon is basically matching this with a coupon you can use/clip and at checkout the price is the same.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09VCJ2SHD/?tag=thefpsreview-20

I actually said screw it and went ahead and ordered one, along with memory, motherboard, and the same Coolermaster AIO I used with my other, and the total price w/ tax came to just under $720. I'll finally be able to retire my 4930K and enjoy all the modern features of a newer build w/o the worry of the current drama going on with the 7000 series CPUs and motherboards.

Last edited:
Well, as everyone can see by my updated signature, the parts came in during the weekend and I got it running by last night. The only added thing was getting a pair of Samsung 980 Pro's, a 1 TB and 2 TB, that came to around $230 because they were on sale at the local BB. Altogether this project comes in at just under $1K and I'm pretty happy with it. Between it and the 3700X project, I'm at ~$2K this year to use parts I already had on hand to make two different semi-modern 4K gaming rigs. I've stuck with parts that are proven and were lucky to not have any defective ones arrive. It's always so nice when you press that button the 1st time that it all just works and that's what each of these builds is about, just working.

The old battle-tank HAF X will be around for a bit longer, it seems, but in the cave, aesthetics, or size, are not so much of a thing as with the other two rigs that are in the living room and bedroom. In the cave, it just sits atop an old stereo cabinet and it is tucked away back in a corner. Between the AIO and the 4 fan headers on this motherboard, I was finally able to get rid of the NZXT controller I've been using for the last 5-10 years. I also got rid of all the drives since the two m.2s are all that I need. Ironically that case looks fairly empty compared to how it began way back when-talk about airflow lol! The only fan I couldn't plug in was the side panel fan and I've got it plugged directly into the PSU now since at full blast it's only just noticeable and I'm sure the GPU enjoys it.

MSI Control Center has really grown on me over the last couple of builds so it's nice having it use the motherboard to control nearly all the fans now. I won't say it's perfect but it mostly gets the job done when it comes to cooling vs noise management. I could probably create a more efficient curve but for now, I'll just leave it on the one it created. My only real complaint with it is that it's often a bit too aggressive with the rear 140mm fans in all my cases but with this one, it has a lot more to play with and I want to see how it does.

Meanwhile, it's so nice knowing that I can get back to enjoying gaming in the cave again, or anywhere else in the house for that matter.

Well, as everyone can see by my updated signature, the parts came in during the weekend and I got it running by last night.
It's a great deal and I contemplated this since I sold off my secondary rig recently, but still can't bring myself to give AMD another try. I'm holding off building another secondary rig for a while longer so who knows what I may choose down the road.

Become a Patron!
Back