AMD Ryzen 9 5950X Shows Impressive Single-Core (16 Percent) and Multi-Core (35 Percent) Gains Over Intel Core i9-10900K

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-zen-3-logo.jpg
Image: AMD

As spotted by TUM_APISAK, four additional AMD Ryzen 9 5950X benchmarks have appeared on Geekbench. The scores are significantly higher than the initial benchmark we shared (especially in the multi-core department), making red team’s 16C/32T flagship even more salivating in the eyes of prospective owners.

While the Ryzen 9 5950X only managed a single-core score of 1575 and multi-core score of 13605 in the benchmark published on Monday, the new listings feature single-core scores of 1640–1663 and multi-core scores of 15782–15860. They appear to stem from a similar hardware configuration (ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula with 32 GB of RAM).

We’ve compiled the scores into tables below to show how AMD’s new Ryzen 9 5950X flagship might...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've said in other threads, AMD has been pretty honest and straight forward about what to expect from each Zen release. We have little reason to doubt their numbers. Obviously, companies including AMD have not always been honest in the past so I remain cautiously optimistic.

Looking forward to an upgrade, I hope Asrock releases some bios updates. I don't really want to replace buy new motherboards if I don't have to

Looking forward to an upgrade, I hope Asrock releases some bios updates. I don't really want to replace buy new motherboards if I don't have to

Are you running a B450 board? If so I think they have the BIOS update already?

Are you running a B450 board? If so I think they have the BIOS update already?

X470 master AC/sli. CPU support list not updated yet. My "old" board in plex server is B350, it will inherit my 2700x. Old 1700 cpu will hit the internet for spare change

Yep, your right @Burticus , there isn't a BIOS update as of yet. I have to think that will be soon though.

Right?
If these are accurate numbers, that is pretty impressive.
As Dan said, AMD has been pretty honest when they've released pre-launch information.

The big thing though is the single-core performance. Aside from cost, this is the main reason to buy Intel today, because that's a hard limit and one that hasn't moved significantly in ~5 years. Which is also a bit depressing too :).

Become a Patron!
Back