AMD Ryzen 9 7900X down to $439.99 for CyberMonday

I held off, but because I've really become aware of the value of cache. I've retired my old 2600K last year because it's obvious that 4c/8t, no matter how overclocked, is dead for high-end gaming. However, I've connected the 4930K rig in my sig to various displays and while using RT and DLSS I'm seeing serious bottlenecks trying to go beyond 60 FPS with demanding games now. That leads me to the 3700X that I replaced with the 5800X3D. While 8c/16t may not be a minimum it is apparent, to me, that cache values have a significant role to play for CPU-intensive tasks regarding ray tracing and other modern gaming features.

That being said, I think that by the time the X3D 7000 variant finally comes out, the X670 boards may have begun to drop in price, although the 650s are not bad for those happy with the feature sets. I'm looking at a long-term game with my next build as it could be my last if it lasts 10 years or more (I'll be well into my 60s).

That being said, I think that by the time the X3D 7000 variant finally comes out, the X670 boards may have begun to drop in price, although the 650s are not bad for those happy with the feature sets.
I'd say they're even reasonable. Aside from USB4 (aka TB4) and >2.5Gbit networking, I can't find much I couldn't do without on the decent X650 boards.

and now they're including Jedi Survivor as part of a promotion. Soo tempting but I'm going to hold out for the X3D stuff.

and now they're including Jedi Survivor as part of a promotion. Soo tempting but I'm going to hold out for the X3D stuff.
With board prices what they are, yeah - and not sure whether one would prefer one of the dual-CCD 7900X3D / 7950X3D SKUs over the 7800X3D yet either.

If you have a local Microcenter they have a bundle deal for 599 which includes 7900x, 32ggbr ddr5, and asus rog strix b650 mobo

I am tempted but.......... I mean I am hardly stressing my 5700x as it is. This would be upgrading just for the sake of newness for me and.... I'm trying to resist. But still..... Civ 5 could maybe be 10% faster, LOL

Release date sometime this year, and being EA, wait another 3-6 months after release for patches to make it playable. Also, I didn't love Jedi Outcast.... it was like Jedi dark souls...
Except like a billion times easier. I enjoyed it but again I got it for free.

Well, it probably has to do with the incoming 3D releases but I noticed a few days ago that the price has gone up to $448 now. It's been interesting watching these price changes though.

1677170728117.png

Become a Patron!
Back