AMD Shipped Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT GPUs in an Unfinished State, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD released its Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT graphics cards despite knowing that they came with unfinished RDNA 3 "Navi 31" GPUs, according to new claims made online by individuals that include Kepler, who alleged on Wednesday that the hardware lacks a working shader prefetch HW, something that could reportedly lead to poor gaming performance, including frame rate drops and stuttering.

See full article...

I should like to see evidence.

My guess these 'inconsistent' ups and downs are due to thermals.

Would all of the reviews on performances by FPS and other sites be with the "broken" hw shader pre-fetch? If so then does it matter? We have been shown what performance we will get. It is industry expected to have a refresh 6 months in with the ti/50 versions, right?

It is hard to know if these issues are real or not, and if real do they really matter or not.

Spreading rumors about the other team, while ethically challenged, is an age old business practice no doubt going back to the dawn of time.

My level of knowledge down to the transistor level is not vast. What do people think, is this a real issue?

I've been hearing things through the grapevine for the last week or two on this. Nothing conclusive other than there could be issues that drivers can only fix so far. That being said, there's only so much one should expect from a new design on its first release. NVIDIA didn't exactly get an award for when the 2080 Ti, or other Turing cards, launched either (although the 2070 was a pretty good value). These are a starting point for AMD and I hope they stay committed to them. There's a lot of potential for future gens if they do.

So far, these are just people's opinions and speculation.

Though the driver "fine wine" is real, IMO. I have seen AMD GPUs improve over time with drivers, to a great degree, and I think we will see the same with RDNA3.

A ' controversy' based on a twitter comment, which is based on the most flimsy ' evidence' , said evidence is actually misunderstood at the most basic level. Might be that everyone is well intended, or it may not.

Become a Patron!
Back