Apple Cutting Back on iPhone SE and AirPod Production Due to Weaker Demand

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Apple is cutting back on iPhone SE and Airpod orders due to weaker-than-expected demand. It seems the iPhone SE is losing popularity, as Apple has told suppliers to reduce production for the 5G budget-oriented phone, which launched just weeks ago.

Go to post

Apple is cutting back on iPhone SE and Airpod orders due to weaker-than-expected demand. It seems the iPhone SE is losing popularity, as Apple has told suppliers to reduce production for the 5G budget-oriented phone, which launched just weeks ago.

Go to post
Not too surprised, the iPhone 14 buzz is already strong. SE will probably pick up once that's released and everyone realizes they don't really need to drop $1,500 on their phone for it to do ... the exact same things their current phone does. But right now I think a lot of people that would otherwise have got an SE (or will eventually get one) are just waiting to see what the 14 brings - just in case it breaks the mold.

I really am at a loss for next generation new phone features... what are they going to do. Introduce a high bandwidth headphone jack for audiophiles with discreet amplifiers? Integrated smart glass interface with an iEye headband you wear to allow seemless AR integration. Wireless charging that works In a room without causing other interference... ummm.

Ok I got nothing else.

I really am at a loss for next generation new phone features... what are they going to do. Introduce a high bandwidth headphone jack for audiophiles with discreet amplifiers? Integrated smart glass interface with an iEye headband you wear to allow seemless AR integration. Wireless charging that works In a room without causing other interference... ummm.

Ok I got nothing else.
Considering how incrementally these companies like to roll things out it sounds like you may have just detailed the next 3 or 4 gens. ;)

Outside of Android, where you have a few products that break the mold - in Apple
World, the X was the last mold-breaking product.

Every single phone since is either an upgrade from the 8 or the X - just better processor, better battery life, minor improvement in the screen and better camera. Almost all of the significant advances have been directly due to the camera.

Become a Patron!
Back