Arnold Schwarzenegger Quits Terminator Movies: “I’m Done”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Terminator: Dark Fate may not be the final Terminator movie, but if a new one is made, don't expect Arnold Schwarzenegger to be in it. Speaking in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the 75-year-old actor was asked whether the Terminator franchise was finished, to which he replied that while the franchise wasn't done, he was, going on to admit that he knew "ahead of time" that Genisys and Dark Fate, the most recent Terminator films released in 2015 and 2019, respectively, were "not well written." Schwarzenegger also revealed that he originally thought his iconic "I'll Be Back" line in The Terminator "sounded stupid," but James Cameron insisted on it.

See full article...

I don't believe he's retiring, yet, but I agree, let it go. I've tried to be optimistic about the last two, watched 'em, and felt they were o.k. but I've never wanted to go back and watch them again. For me, with any movie/show, when that happens it means the honeymoon ended with the credits, and whatever magic I thought was there was gone.

Oddly enough, and I'm sure there will be a lot of folks who will disagree with me, I would've liked to see an old King Conan movie. With good writing, there was some decent potential there with a lot of good stories from the old comic books. The sadder part is that I'm more scared of Hollywood and its crap approach to writing these days than anything so even if it happens I don't have much faith it'll turn out well.

Become a Patron!
Back