ASRock Launches the World’s Only Completely Watercooled X570 Motherboard

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASRock has announced that the X570 AQUA Motherboard will soon be available for purchase. This happens to be the world's only X570 motherboard that is completely watercooled, with all-copper cooling blocks on the CPU, VRM, and chipset.

The X570 AQUA also features IR3555 Dr.MOS for intelligent high-power delivery, as well as a server-grade PCB motherboard that is less prone to bending. No pricing has been released yet, but ASRock claims only 999 units will be produced.

Water flow through the custom AQUA Cooling Armor heatsink is skillfully designed to dissipate the heat of the CPU, VRM and chipset as efficiently as possible. The coolant flows along three separate paths so that each of these critical areas is cooled individually. This smart multi-path design also reduces water resistance inside the cooling block, allowing faster coolant flow for more efficient cooling.

You know the number of units is going to be reflective of the pricing right? It does look badass but I could see some little piece of crap getting in their and gumming up the works somewhere under that shroud that you then have to remove to find and clean out.

In general monoblocks perform worse than CPU only blocks due to the tolerancing difficulties involved in getting all the different parts (CPU, VRM, Chipset) to line up and get a good mount, but maybe this is an exception as the block and board are purpose designed for each other?

I am interested, especially since with this you'll never need to worry about the chipset fan being noisy, but that threaded plexi top makes me nervous. I always try to buy blocks where the threaded portion is metal.

As for the looks, I'd be tempted to take off that ****ty white/silver shroud with the RBG LED's and run it nekkid like in the second pic.

In general monoblocks perform worse than CPU only blocks due to the tolerancing difficulties involved in getting all the different parts (CPU, VRM, Chipset) to line up and get a good mount, but maybe this is an exception as the block and board are purpose designed for each other?

I am interested, especially since with this you'll never need to worry about the chipset fan being noisy, but that threaded plexi top makes me nervous. I always try to buy blocks where the threaded portion is metal.

As for the looks, I'd be tempted to take off that ****ty white/silver shroud with the RBG LED's and run it nekkid like in the second pic.

Given how flexible ASRock PCB's are, this might work. Everything can be tightened to the point where the PCB ends up conforming to the block. (I'm partly joking, partly serious on that.)

Given how flexible ASRock PCB's are, this might work. Everything can be tightened to the point where the PCB ends up conforming to the block. (I'm partly joking, partly serious on that.)

That may change here simply because they have stated in the advertisement Server grade system boards less prone to flexing.

Though lets be real honest here. Server grade system boards HAVE to be that way because they are HUGE. I'm always surprised by the size of the system boards in servers. Of course they have hard slots for fans to socket into directly and things like that. But still.

Where do I buy one though? Going to be hard to grab quick enough with 999 units only up for grab.

Contact ASRock marketing and see if you can get a lead on one that way. Probably your best bet to insure you can get one. But you'll need to have something to trade in marketing speak for it. ;) A review would be a good start!

A review where you then give away the board to your member who's nick begins with Grim who's name is 9 characters and has over 230 posts in the forums would be even better.

Me.. I MEANT GIVE IT TO ME! ;)

I want this.
Just read your 3700x review and remembered the 'not a fan of air cooling' in reference to the Wraith Prism, then read this article. First thought was that Dan would love this.

Haven't done liquid cooling yet but it sure seems like a more efficient way to go about it. Can't wait to see test results for these.

Looks like a nice board for the upcoming 3950X....hopefully someone will do a full review.

Wasn't aware of that but makes sense. Good to know. Let's hope for being well designed, parts matching, and some good q/c going on. ;)

I am very curious if someone was able to use both with this would they approach speeds near LN2? I don't really expect exact but if within 10-15% of some LN2 records I would be extremely impressed. I think that would be the 1st time a user, albeit with some $$$$, could have a turnkey rig at those levels w/o the hassles of LN2.

Nice, shame it's ASRock. They are not a personal fav of mine.

DDR4 5000? High expectations. Beyond 3733 would there be any real gains?

Where do I buy one though? Going to be hard to grab quick enough with 999 units only up for grab.

It's going to be expensive enough, that I doubt they'll be snatched up as fast as you'd think.

Nice, shame it's ASRock. They are not a personal fav of mine.

DDR4 5000? High expectations. Beyond 3733 would there be any real gains?

They aren't my favorite brand either, but they've produced some pretty amazing boards over the years. As for DDR4 5000MHz RAM, I don't think that would perform all that well. Going over 3733MHz, the Infinity Fabric clock gets reduced to 1800MHz. The timings on that RAM aren't likely to be very good either. The bandwidth would make up for some of those issues, but lower latency 3733MHz RAM would probably perform better overall.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back