ASRock Updates B450 BIOS to Support AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processors

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
ASRock-B450-AMD-Ryzen-5000-Series-BIOS-1024x576.png
Image: ASRock

Even if you’re unable to source one of AMD’s new Ryzen 5000 series processors, you can begin prepping for one. ASRock has announced that it’s releasing new BIOSes for its line of B450 motherboards. There is no word on whether it plans to offer similar updates for its 300 Series motherboards, but it should be noted that someone was spotted using one with a Ryzen 9 5900X recently. Support for the now four-year-old AM4 socket continues to roll out from AMD and its partners. Considering the impressive gains seen with the Ryzen 5000 series, there are...

Continue reading...

Not for my 470 board yet though, but I guess this means it is coming.

No big, can't find the cpus in stock anywhere anyway

Yeah... They're early with their B450 support. B450/X470 support was supposed to roll out in January..

Not for my 470 board yet though, but I guess this means it is coming.

No big, can't find the cpus in stock anywhere anyway
Yeah... They're early with their B450 support. B450/X470 support was supposed to roll out in January..
I noticed that too. Probably any day I'd expect.

For the CPUs best luck might be Microcenter. I've seen them come and go. When David and I were looking on release day it was so frustrating to see all of them listed at so many stores, but nearest one to me is around 8 hours away. I was joking that in my younger days I would've placed the order and made the drive. Nowadays, not so much.

I noticed that too. Probably any day I'd expect.

For the CPUs best luck might be Microcenter. I've seen them come and go. When David and I were looking on release day it was so frustrating to see all of them listed at so many stores, but nearest one to me is around 8 hours away. I was joking that in my younger days I would've placed the order and made the drive. Nowadays, not so much.

I have a MC 5 mins away, but with their covid safety measures they only let in so many people at a time.... last time I went there was a line around the **** store (it was a Sat tho).

I have a MC 5 mins away, but with their covid safety measures they only let in so many people at a time.... last time I went there was a line around the **** store (it was a Sat tho).
Bummer. I feel for ya. That totally sucks.

Yea I haven't seen any big lines at all at MC in a while... our local one was doing the online registering for a line entry. I'd do it from home and 20 min before just drive over and effectively walk in. But they stopped that... the only lines are before opening lines for the scalpers and hopefuls.

Become a Patron!
Back