ASUS Aggressively Reducing Pricing of All Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Still got that ROG Strix GeForce RTX or Radeon RX graphics card on your wishlist? You might be finally compelled to pull that trigger soon, as ASUS has confirmed that it has begun reducing the MSRP for its graphics cards "aggressively," a welcome change that is being applied to all of its custom models.

Go to post

Is this just for show, or have top end graphics cards become so plentiful that discounted pricing is in order?

Is this just for show, or have top end graphics cards become so plentiful that discounted pricing is in order?
AIB MSRP's, and Asus in particular, are usually much higher than that stated by nVidia/AMD - even before this last COVID shortage. They have plenty of room to drop before they hit firesale level.

I'd be surprised if cards actually sold here at the old inflated MSRP, more like twice that.

Yeah, we'll see how this really pans out. Unless you can get a Strix OC 3080 Ti for ~$800, or a 3090 for ~$1000, with just the click of a mouse button it won't matter much. Those who were desperate enough already got their cards. Those who haven't will hold out until such prices happen or when the next-gen comes out and is available.

They're on Newegg...
I have to admit that it's been a while since I perused the Newegg GPU section. I was pleasantly surprised to see some things in stock and those prices were not horrible either. Could be better but could still be a whole lot worse. I even saw an ASUS 12 GB 3060 (open-box) for only $499, and that was even without looking too far into it. There's still a bunch without an add to cart button but there are some that do.

I have to admit that it's been a while since I perused the Newegg GPU section. I was pleasantly surprised to see some things in stock and those prices were not horrible either. Could be better but could still be a whole lot worse. I even saw an ASUS 12 GB 3060 (open-box) for only $499, and that was even without looking too far into it. There's still a bunch without an add to cart button but there are some that do.
I think we all know by now to never buy anything "Open Box" from Newegg.

I think we all know by now to never buy anything "Open Box" from Newegg.
Yeah, I don't have the time to go and check on the others but I was a little annoyed by how Newegg even listed it. I didn't see it in the product name on the GPU store page.
1648587156924-png.1522

and then after clicking on it I saw the browser tab showed this:
1648587306740.png

Which of course made me look closer on the product page.
1648587375452-png.1524

Maybe it's just me, but sure feels a little sneaky the way they listed that thing. I just seem to remember open-box stuff being listed in the product name and not something you really have to look for but then again it's been while since I've done anything other than the shuffle on Newegg.

Attachments

• 1648587156924.png
    1648587156924.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 1648587375452.png
    1648587375452.png
    488 KB · Views: 22
There's a toggle for it - I usually toggle that one off later in my search because I first want to know if the thing I'm looking for... even exists.

Yeah, I don't have the time to go and check on the others but I was a little annoyed by how Newegg even listed it. I didn't see it in the product name on the GPU store page.
1648587156924-png.1522

and then after clicking on it I saw the browser tab showed this:
View attachment 1523

Which of course made me look closer on the product page.
1648587375452-png.1524

Maybe it's just me, but sure feels a little sneaky the way they listed that thing. I just seem to remember open-box stuff being listed in the product name and not something you really have to look for but then again it's been while since I've done anything other than the shuffle on Newegg.
They have got me before with this trick. When my motherboard arrived in a plastic bag with nothing I called to send it back. They pointed out it was “reboxed”. I was able to show a screenshot just almost exactly like you posted showing that it wasn’t clearly identified and they let me return it.

There's a toggle for it - I usually toggle that one off later in my search because I first want to know if the thing I'm looking for... even exists.
For sure. I'm just used to it being more clearly indicated on the main pages. I've used the toggle when those searches have had a bunch of "open-box" listings but I'm guessing that someone at Newegg figured they could increase sales by removing that. Sketchy.

For sure. I'm just used to it being more clearly indicated on the main pages. I've used the toggle when those searches have had a bunch of "open-box" listings but I'm guessing that someone at Newegg figured they could increase sales by removing that. Sketchy.
Well, thx to Gamers nexus open box item returns are a lot easier so now they try to hide the open box fact itself to compensate.

Something else for Steve/GN to do.

Become a Patron!
Back