ASUS and Noctua Announce ASUS GeForce RTX 4080 Noctua Edition Graphics Card ($1,650)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS and Noctua have collaborated again for another graphics card, and this time, it's the ASUS GeForce RTX 4080 Noctua Edition, the third graphics card to feature Noctua fans and a heat sink that has been co-engineered by Noctua, the premium cooling components company known for its beige and brown color scheme. This is a special version of ASUS' TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4080 that swaps its stock 110 mm fans with two of Noctua's award-winning NF-A12x25 PWM 120 mm units and pairs them with a more elaborate, tailored heatsink with vapour chamber that features five instead of two 8 mm diameter heat pipes, enabling what the company has described as the quietest card in its class, featuring improved thermals and acoustics. The ASUS GeForce RTX 4080 Noctua Edition graphics card is available beginning today for what is said to be $1,650, a substantial premium over the MSRP of the GeForce RTX 4080 ($1,199).

See full article...

The 4080 was already poorly priced in comparison to a 4090 so it's going to take a someone really obsessed with Noctua to want spend this kind of money on one. It really is a shame they couldn't do this to a 4090 and sell for around the same price. I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't mind as much spending in the 1600-1800 range for a custom 4090 with their cooling solution.

I was at microcenter yesterday buying a case. Cheapest 4090 they had was a Zotac for 1649, and numerous options at 1699. That’s almost msrp for the founders Edition.

I was at microcenter yesterday buying a case. Cheapest 4090 they had was a Zotac for 1649, and numerous options at 1699. That’s almost msrp for the founders Edition.

Wow, that is. Holy ****. I guess the turntables

tenor.gif

That Zotac card was going for over $2K everywhere not that long ago.

I have to believe that someone tried pleading their case that even though the 3080 was a great cad for it's MSRP at the time and them coming out with a Noctua version worked well, the same factors were not at play this around and then someone in charge was not paying attention to the differences of what happened between the 4080 and 4090.

The 4080 was already poorly priced in comparison to a 4090 so it's going to take a someone really obsessed with Noctua to want spend this kind of money on one. It really is a shame they couldn't do this to a 4090 and sell for around the same price. I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't mind as much spending in the 1600-1800 range for a custom 4090 with their cooling solution.
Asus is Asus with their pricing on their cards as well. I didn't think I'd see the day I'd pay their premium on their products, but here I am with more Asus/ROG components then I'd ever thought I'd have. Noctua fans/coolers are nice, but are overpriced as well, so when you combine the two you'll get a very overpriced video card.

Asus is Asus with their pricing on their cards as well. I didn't think I'd see the day I'd pay their premium on their products, but here I am with more Asus/ROG components then I'd ever thought I'd have.
Yeah, I hear ya. I was a huge fan of their GPUs for years. Had 2 gens of x80Tis followed by a 3090 plus two different 3D monitors. I still think they're a good company but MSI won me over for GPUs with the Suprim line. Meanwhile, the price for this card is insane, I'm really curious as to how many they actually end up selling.

Become a Patron!
Back