ASUS Announces Portable ZenScreen MB16QHG Monitor with 120 Hz Refresh Rate

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced the ZenScreen MB16QHG, a 16-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) portable display that features a 120 Hz IPS panel for delivering what the company has described as supersmooth visuals for multimedia entertainment and everyday productivity. Users will find a sleek, ultra-thin 7 mm profile for effortless portability, an L-shaped kickstand that can be used to securely prop the monitor up at various angles, a built-in tripod socket for eye-level viewing, two full-function USB-C ports on either side of the display, as well as 1x HDMI and an earphone jack. ASUS is also currently selling two portable OLED monitors in the form of the MQ13AH and MQ16AH.

See full article...

Occasionally I wish I had a portable monitor - it's handy when I'm working out in the field connecting to headless PCs.

That said - it doesn't exactly need 120Hz or a resolution above 1080.

For gaming .. umm... I can't think of a single reason. Odds are if you had a gaming laptop it already has a screen about this same size, if not better. And if it's not a laptop, then it requires an outlet and you wouldn't need the monitor to be battery powered.

So... i don't know.

Occasionally I wish I had a portable monitor - it's handy when I'm working out in the field connecting to headless PCs.

That said - it doesn't exactly need 120Hz or a resolution above 1080.

For gaming .. umm... I can't think of a single reason. Odds are if you had a gaming laptop it already has a screen about this same size, if not better. And if it's not a laptop, then it requires an outlet and you wouldn't need the monitor to be battery powered.

So... i don't know.
someone who wants dual screens for his laptop or something portagble for a itx build?

I have an external screen for my gaming laptop but I got a 17.3" 120 Hz for an ok price ($194) with some similar specs and I put velcro on it and the laptop bezel as an easy way to increase from 15.6 to 17.3 when I want to game on the patio. It's been pretty awesome under the Gazeebo as long as it's not too bright out or the game is too dark. I also will sometimes use it as a 2nd display when traveling for work but that's about it. Otherwise, I can't see why anyone would want a 2nd 15-16" display.

My biggest complaint with these types of things, and also applies to a ton of recent cheap monitors, is the HDR400 specification. It's basically useless in terms of HDR. It's almost impossible to find an external display that has a higher rating as well. I think I found a couple but the prices were either insane or there was some other spec I didn't like. ASUS makes a great HDR/G-Sync gaming display but the price is way up there, or at least it used to be.

Become a Patron!
Back