ASUS Debuts New Gaming Mouse with Builtin Joystick at CES

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
1578448276008.png
Image: ASUS

Meet the new ASUS ROG Chakram. It's a gaming mouse with a twist. This 16,000 DPI gaming mouse also features a joystick on the side with both analog and digital modes.

1578448320136.png
Image: ASUS

The joystick comes with two different caps of different lengths for varying comfort levels. If you'd rather use the mouse without it there's even a cover for it.

Some other features:

• Translucent plastic top shell with a matte finish
  • Main buttons and palm rest(USB dongle stored underneath) attached via magnets
  • Each button is spring-loaded to prevent slack for fastest response
  • Textured ergonomic surface for grip
  • Five customizable buttons
  • "Light pipe" around the front of the mouse and RGB LEDs in the mouse wheel
  • All RGB configurable with "Armoury II" software
  • Compatible with Aura Sync
  • Omron swtiches
  • Customizable logo
  • 2.4Ghz RF
  • Up to 48 hours of battery life with RGBs on or 79 hours off
  • Qi-compatible charging or USB 3.0
The Chakram will be available in 2020 and as of yet pricing is unannounced.

I cannot think of a good reason that I would want a thumb joystick on a mouse......

Yea I barely can understand having a joystick on a flightstick let alone on your mouse. But if you're using your mouse for your flight stick and want.. more axis of directional control I GUESS this would be good?

Yea I barely can understand having a joystick on a flightstick let alone on your mouse. But if you're using your mouse for your flight stick and want.. more axis of directional control I GUESS this would be good?
To some extent that's what they were pitching.

I cannot think of a good reason that I would want a thumb joystick on a mouse......

I admit I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. On one hand I'm unsure of the practicality of it but on the other I keep thinking that somehow it seems like it should be beneficial. My only other concern is the long term durability.

I wouldn't mind a small D pad there that thumb stick is. Would make adding actions for FPS games kind of nice.

Become a Patron!
Back