ASUS Has Created an RTX 40 Series GPU That Uses a Proprietary PCB Connector Instead of Standard Power Connectors

When it comes to tech tubers I don't watch them for news. I watch them for entertainment. RARELY I watch ANYTHING on youtube to get actual information. While it may spur an interest in specific content it is not my SOURCE of actual good information.

Announcing a product and touting features and such. That's fine tech tuber stuff. And I think LTT will be enabled to get more accurate information and hold manufacturers to task... BUT manufacturers only have to publish Correct information to meet those metrics. Deliver what you promised. Not a huge hurdle to overcome.

I will research more on a specific issue rather than take any one tech tubers accounting of things. As has been proven with GN even getting your own samples can be bad if your samples are from a singular source.

When it comes to information in the tech space today, tech tubers or whatever video platform does have a place but it shouldn't be the SOLE source of information. Go to trusted known sources, test some yourself if it's an option. There are many avenues.

Like... if I were someone from TheFPSreview... I would seek to make contacts with System Integrators, and when a 'problem' part like a 4090 that cooks is reported, and they are selling systems with integrated parts... reach out and ask what's up. See if they have seen returns because of burnt/melted parts. How they are handling it, what the %'s are. That sort of thing. Then you have some empirical data with defined sample sets you can deliver reports on touting your System Integrators Unnamed data.

Yeah. There's a fine line between trying to correct someone who is being hyperbolic on purpose and using a heavy hand to squish hard hitting journalism. And what do you do in the case of someone who just keeps spouting off inaccuracies? You stop sampling them then you are trying to "cover it up", but if you do then you are just enabling them.

It's really a no-win situation. I do fault the tech tubers, but they are only doing it because it gets results - so really, I blame Joe Q Idiot who's out there watching this crap.
As I mentioned tech tubers keep each other in check just as much as they keep the manufacturers in check. There is already precedent where one tech tuber will call out others for inaccuracies (even if not naming names).

As for being hyperbolic about something that can be easily assessed if I watch the content.

When it comes to tech tubers I don't watch them for news. I watch them for entertainment. RARELY I watch ANYTHING on youtube to get actual information. While it may spur an interest in specific content it is not my SOURCE of actual good information.
Yes, I consider youtube as purely entertainment, not that you sometimes can't get new information there, but it is the least effective way of learning. I would prefer written articles over videos when it comes to reviews, but they are getting rare, especially for games.

Become a Patron!
Back