ASUS Launches ROG Ryujin II AIO Liquid CPU Coolers with Noctua Fans and 3.5-Inch LCDs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-ryujin-ii-360-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has introduced its latest all-in-one liquid coolers, the ROG Ryujin II 360 and ROG Ryujin II 240. Boasting Asetek’s most advanced liquid cooling technology, both models feature Noctua iPPC 2000 PWM 120mm radiator fans for high airflow and minimal noise, an embedded pump fan that helps cool VRM and M.2 areas, and a 3.5-inch LCD display that can be configured to display real-time system stats or graphics such as personalized logos or animations. ASUS’ ROG Ryujin II 360 and ROG Ryujin II 240 all-in-one liquid coolers also feature reinforced, sleeved tubing for increased durability.

.@ROG Ryujin II...

Continue reading...

I am glad to see AIOs putting fans on the blocks. A nice touch, although it wasn't terribly hard to work around. You just had to know to put a fan over there.

I wish Noctua could bring RGB to their fans.
But really. Windowless case, who cares... but if you're a weirdo like me running a fishtank case (Lian Li X11 XL), the pretty lights are find so long as they're tasteful and coordinated.

Of much importance is the need to be able to match colors including various color temperatures of white. I tend to prefer white lighting overall, and unless the LCDs are just white to begin with, you usually wind up with about twenty different shades.

Last and certainly not least - we need software to actually control this stuff. I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind OS vendors getting involved a bit to create a 'bus' of sorts to standardize these and manufacturers that have addressable lighting to release drivers for them. For everything.

I wonder what peeps who disliked the X570 chipset fan think of this idea?
I still dislike the X570 chipset idea - not the idea of it needing to be cooled, but the idea of some bottom-barrel fan on it that's going to turn into a grinder at some point.

I still dislike the X570 chipset idea - not the idea of it needing to be cooled, but the idea of some bottom-barrel fan on it that's going to turn into a grinder at some point.
The good news is that you usually have to be really pushing things to get it to really kick in. The bad news is that means things can gather from inactivity but I make it a point to force it on, plus air-clean, once in a while. I was never a fan of it but at the time I couldn't really find a mobo w/o one.

Meanwhile, I'm usually late to the game when it comes to trends but this is just ridiculous, just like the LCDs for GPUs too. If I need to know, I'll pull it up on an OSD.

You know, I did review the original Ryujin last year. It has a screen, but it's much smaller than the one here - and you can put customized pictures or GIFs up on it, but we're talking about a 1" screen in the corner of the coldplate/pump assembly.

Like the II, it also has the small fan in the coldplate/pump assembly. I found the fan was fine at the 30% level or lower. Going any higher would be hairdryer mode.

Become a Patron!
Back