ASUS ROG Ally X Ships 2H 2024 with Additional RAM and Major Battery Life Improvements: “More than 30 to 40% Capacity”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS' next ROG Ally handheld isn't the ROG Ally 2, but a more reserved update of the original handheld gaming PC called the "ROG Ally X," according to a new report that explains how customers should expect major battery life improvements with the new device, including what Asus SVP Shawn Yen says is "way more than 30 to 40 percent capacity."

See full article...

Seems like the first one just hit the shelves and now another revision is coming out already.

Yeah, the mobile gaming sector seems like it's a little more bonkers lately. Kind of reminiscent of the cell phone industry with mutliple models within a year or so. I've lost track how many models the overseas manufacturers have made since the 1st Steam Deck came out.

I definitely won't be running out and trading my current Ally for the revised model, though native 2280 support is nice and 32GB would be great. Maybe I'll grab one if refurb units bring the price down (the reason I even grabbed a Ally in the first place) but I'd probably hold out for the eventual Ally 2 on a new platform (or a next-gen Lenovo).

Yea I'm sitting this trend out.
I thought the same as you, then the Steam Deck made me enjoy the form factor, and now the Ally with its Windows OS, really has its claws deep in me. Most of my gaming these days are done on the Ally; My desktop gets some use still, but my consoles have especially been neglected. I used to be a 'main desktop PC + side console-kinda guy', but I could see myself becoming a 'main desktop PC + side handheld PC-kinda guy' going forward.

I do like the steam deck but I don’t use it too often. Not exactly feeling the need to upgrade it

I honestly have thought about buying a handheld then I think about how little I'd use it, so it doesn't make sense for me at least.

I have a personal laptop for compute stuff on the road. Don't need don't want a hand held. I've had one... played 1 game on it. Never was my thing.

Become a Patron!
Back