Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

ASUS is a company that hardly needs an introduction which makes things easy. The company has been around since the 1980s and has become a powerhouse in the computing industry. The company makes a wide range of products ranging from motherboards, workstations, laptops, graphics cards, routers, monitors, and even cell phones. The company is still primarily thought of as a motherboard manufacturer by those of us who remember the days when that’s all the company was known for.

Republic of Gamers

ASUS also established its Republic of Gamers brand before everyone else started copying them. This was a brand that targeted gamers specifically and set the bar for what a gaming aesthetic was. Motherboards prior to ASUS’ ROG brand were usually a myriad of hideous and incongruent colors which, if any attention was given to them it was a pure afterthought. Occasionally, you would...
Continue reading...

Daniel_Doty

"stinger608"
Staff member
Awesome review man!!!!!!!!!

Although, that's way to short of a name for a motherboard @Dan_D :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome review man!!!!!!!!!

Although, that's way to short of a name for a motherboard @Dan_D :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
At least ASUS has a naming convention that I can remember. There were Maximus boards before this one, so that makes it easier. Although, you have to learn Roman numerals to know which generation your talking about.

Stoly

Sort-of-Regular
While I would't get such an expensive board, I'd love to see the M2 "dimm" slots on other mobos

I think it would have made more sense sticking the card vertically rather than horizontally, but either way its fine

I'd gladly give up pci-e slots or even memory dimm slots in exchange for say a 4way pci-e 4.0 x4 m2 dimm slot

Brian_B

FPS Regular
While I would't get such an expensive board, I'd love to see the M2 "dimm" slots on other mobos

I think it would have made more sense sticking the card vertically rather than horizontally, but either way its fine

I'd gladly give up pci-e slots or even memory dimm slots in exchange for say a 4way pci-e 4.0 x4 m2 dimm slot
I’m surprised there isnt a pci card that does this - since it’s PCI lanes in the first place. I’m sure the part exists but there must be a reason it isn’t commonplace

AntiQuark

Quasi-regular
I was really interested to see how its memory performance topped out with a good set of B Die or similar.
The overclocking test with the Hynix sticks didnt tell us anything unfortunately.
Can B Die or similar overclocking be added to future tests, or even this one?

Space_Ranger

Quasi-regular
hopefully this starts a trend

Since multigpu is pretty much dead (again...), this would be a great way to make use of the unused 16x pcie slot
While I agree with you whole heartedly, remember that for most people that second x16 slot will only run at x8 (or even less at x4)

Stoly

Sort-of-Regular
While I agree with you whole heartedly, remember that for most people that second x16 slot will only run at x8 (or even less at x4)
Yup, but that's because its shared with the M2 slots in many cases, but even at x8 it would still be fine with me

Brian_B

FPS Regular
But the pictured product was a 4 x NVMe setup, which won't see full potential in a x8 or x4 slot..
Well, true. I can imagine some use cases that might be an issue - but for 99% of what I would do with it, I would rather take the extra slots for storage capacity.

The times I have more than 2 drives going at under kind of load is ... very rare.

Become a Patron!