ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 Pictured in the Flesh

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-logo-neon-rain-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

VideoCardz has shared an image of the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090. Unfortunately, that’s all she wrote (apparently, ASUS is much better at sealing leaks than the likes of GAINWARD and ZOTAC), but the image does confirm that the render posted weeks ago was accurate. The only difference lies with its corner badge: “3080 Ti” has been dropped in favor of a “Game On” one.

The ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 also looks a bit less aggressive and cleaner than the RTX 2080 Ti model. There must be RGB lighting hidden somewhere, though, right...

Continue reading...

Holy crap that looks so different then any other ROG STRIX video card I've ever seen....

In other news... water is wet. ;)
Yep, and until I hear differently that's the card I'm holding out for. I'm a little nervous about what the markup will be though.

EVGA is my usual choice for nVidia cards, and that will most likely be my first stop before I start looking elsewhere....

watched the live stream the 3090 FE is FRIKIN HUGE

the 3080 at $699 looks sick. Hope I can snag one and cram it in a small case. It looks very two slotty and not that huge in FE trim.

watched the live stream the 3090 FE is FRIKIN HUGE

the 3080 at $699 looks sick. Hope I can snag one and cram it in a small case. It looks very two slotty and not that huge in FE trim.
60% jump in shader performance over the 2080 Ti. Looks like we got Pascal-level jump in performance from Turing. Time to laugh in the faces of people who thought rasterization performance would only be 20-30%. At least they were correct about double the ray tracing performance :ROFLMAO:

After today's official 3090 announcement, and specs, I'm pretty happy about the future of this thing. I've been budgeting for it since last winter and can't wait to get one now.

After today's official 3090 announcement, and specs, I'm pretty happy about the future of this thing. I've been budgeting for it since last winter and can't wait to get one now.
Another 3 more weeks to wait for availability. I love the clean design of the FE card, but I'm considering the STRIX should both be available the same day. Kind of want to see the real world thermal performance of the new FE cooler before making a decision, though.

Another 3 more weeks to wait for availability. I love the clean design of the FE card, but I'm considering the STRIX should both be available the same day. Kind of want to see the real world thermal performance of the new FE cooler before making a decision, though.
Agreed. Never had an FE before, but they never had a cooling solution I thought was worth anything either.

Just occurred to me. Can only wonder what all this is going to do for NV's stock prices in the next quarter.

Agreed. Never had an FE before, but they never had a cooling solution I thought was worth anything either.

Just occurred to me. Can only wonder what all this is going to do for NV's stock prices in the next quarter.
Stock price is already up 9.5% since the leaks started in earnest last week. It closed up 18 points today.

They are now making more money in servers, but I suppose we’ll see how many people saved their stimulus check for a new gpu. AMD will undoubtedly take some of that money, too.

Become a Patron!
Back