ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX: 32-Inch 4K IPS Panel with 144 Hz Refresh Rate, G-SYNC, DisplayHDR 1400, and More

The 27" PG27UQ with a third the number of FALD zones and 400 nits less peak brightness was $2,000. That monitor also did not use the mini LED backlight array that the new 32" one is. It is easily believable that this monitor will be north of 5 large. Actually falls into what I was predicting when this monitor was first announced.

Yeah, I am afraid your right here.

Which is funny, that a "monitor" costs so much more than a TV panel. Granted, this does have specs that TVs don't have. But I guess that's what the market does.

The 27" PG27UQ with a third the number of FALD zones and 400 nits less peak brightness was $2,000. That monitor also did not use the mini LED backlight array that the new 32" one is. It is easily believable that this monitor will be north of 5 large. Actually falls into what I was predicting when this monitor was first announced.
I have to totally agree. Display tech is a total obsession for me and when the first IPS 4K G-Sync HDR1000 monitors starting coming out a year or two ago it became evident that expense is the name of the game now. I'm mostly happy with the compromise I made my CRG9. It'll hold me over until the prices start dropping a bit, probably another 2 years or so. I also won't go back to 16:9 again. The minimum I'll be happy with is 21:9 34"-36". In the meantime I've still got the LG C9 T.V. and it's pretty awesome too. Both are connected to the rig that will one day get Ampere.

I have to totally agree. Display tech is a total obsession for me and when the first IPS 4K G-Sync HDR1000 monitors starting coming out a year or two ago it became evident that expense is the name of the game now. I'm mostly happy with the compromise I made my CRG9. It'll hold me over until the prices start dropping a bit, probably another 2 years or so. I also won't go back to 16:9 again. The minimum I'll be happy with is 21:9 34"-36". In the meantime I've still got the LG C9 T.V. and it's pretty awesome too. Both are connected to the rig that will one day get Ampere.

Displays are always a compromise. If you get something lower cost you compromise on specs. Get all the specs and features you want and the price goes up. Often dramatically.

Displays are always a compromise. If you get something lower cost you compromise on specs. Get all the specs and features you want and the price goes up. Often dramatically.
I generally feel like LCD manufacturers are working very hard to make lemonade out of lemons...

I am hoping this monitor runs for about $1000. Anything more expensive and I will stick with my current 27" 144hz 1440p IPS monitor as going to 32" 4K at 60Hz is not worth it for gaming.

Become a Patron!
Back