ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC Edition Owner Discovers Missing Thermal Pads in $1,899 Graphics Card

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-tuf-gaming-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-oc-edition-key-visual-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

Imagine paying nearly $2,000 for a graphics card and later realizing that it’s missing something as critical as thermal pads. One enthusiast didn’t have to, because that’s exactly what happened to them.

As explained by kamaloo92 over on r/NVIDIA, their ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC Edition graphics card was discovered to have been missing thermal pads after high temperatures compelled the user to open it up for inspection. One side of the plate covering the VRAM was found to be severely lacking.

This is a sad thing to see, as ASUS’ TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC graphics card costs at least $1,899, according to listings at major retailers such as B&H Photo.

My RTX 3080 Ti had very high VRAM temperature – Tj almost always 110°C no matter what i [tried]. So i finally opened it up to find missing thermal pad on...

Continue reading...

I watched the Jay Z vid and have seen some of the pics of misaligned or in some cases totally missing pads. I have no idea how a $2k video card gets past QA like that.

Become a Patron!
Back