ASUS Unveils ROG Swift PG32UQX, the World’s First Mini LED Gaming Monitor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-swift-pg32uqx-monitor-cyberpunk-graphics-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has officially revealed its latest premium gaming monitor, the ROG Swift PG32UQX. This is a 32-inch 4K UHD IPS display that not only boasts a 144 Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA G-SYNC support but 1,152-zone Mini LED backlighting with full-array local dimming (FALD) technology, enabling higher contrast ratios and a peak brightness of 1,400 nits. The ROG Swift PG32UQX will cost a pretty penny, however—ASUS’ official web store has the monitor listed for $2,999.99, which is more expensive than some 65-inch OLED TVs.

ROG Swift PG32UQX is the premier 4K 144 Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate gaming monitor. Designed to deliver incredibly lifelike gaming visuals, Swift PG32UQX has 1152 independent mini LED zones that deliver a peak...

Continue reading...

I'm confused with so many terms, is this the same as micro led?

The prices of these new monitors are getting insane.
Supply/Demand?

Mostly the more expensive it is to make, the lesser the demand, the higher the price, the lesser the demand, the higher the price...

There's probably a series of calculus formulas that figures everything out.

Yep, the trend continues for the prices to be up there. It started with the first ROG 4K monitors about 2 years ago. I can only imagine how long it will take for something like this to become 'affordable'. It really makes an LG TV look like a more attractive option for those able to work around the larger size. I got my 65" C9 in 2019 for $2100. I realize this is brighter and a little faster but that's not even close enough for me to justify that price jump.

I cant do 65" lol, I dont want my desk to be in the middle of the room and wallmount the monitor!

I cant do 65" lol, I dont want my desk to be in the middle of the room and wallmount the monitor!
I couldn't do 48"... it's just not comfortable. Also didn't want to do 16:9, but fat chance we're getting OLEDs in curved 21:9/10 and 32:9 ratios anytime soon!

I can do 50", no prob. Didn't take long to get used to it. I even might go 55"

It's ironic because the C9 is in our living room and the couch is about 20 feet back so it's a bit too small for gaming so when I do a session with it I pull up a chair about 5-6 feet back. Meanwhile, in the cave I've got a Sony Z9D 65" on a desk with a couch about the same distance back from it. Problem there is that I've decided anything less than a 3080/3090 for 4K requires too many compromises for the games I like so it has sat mostly unused for the last year or so. I honestly thought I'd have a better GPU for that rig by now. The Z9D has around 1200 nits/HDR10(Dolby V for streaming) and is actually a bit better for games with darker scenes while the C9 is better for the OLED/120 Hz/G-Sync experience.

Yep and that's the other thing with these monitors, noise from their cooling fans. It was mentioned for the previous gen too. A nice review though, looks great but even he couldn't really justify the price.

Yep and that's the other thing with these monitors, noise from their cooling fans. It was mentioned for the previous gen too. A nice review though, looks great but even he couldn't really justify the price.
I don't hear anything with my PG27UQ, but this 32" one has three times as many zones. Those lights are going to get hot and you need to extract all that heat. More concerning to me is looking at the UFO chase stills. This is a slow panel. I'll still wait for the TFT Central review to be sure. I wonder what the power consumption is like. My PG27UQ will easily use 200W while playing an HDR game.

I don't hear anything with my PG27UQ, but this 32" one has three times as many zones. Those lights are going to get hot and you need to extract all that heat. More concerning to me is looking at the UFO chase stills. This is a slow panel. I'll still wait for the TFT Central review to be sure. I wonder what the power consumption is like. My PG27UQ will easily use 200W while playing an HDR game.
Some of the 1st reviews I saw for the had mixed feelings about that fan. Some said it was unnoticeable while others were not so kind, but too true about the costs of generating that much light. The heat has to go somewhere, especially in such a confined space.

Some of the 1st reviews I saw for the had mixed feelings about that fan. Some said it was unnoticeable while others were not so kind, but too true about the costs of generating that much light. The heat has to go somewhere, especially in such a confined space.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how these newer monitors will be able to dissipate all the heat without a decent internal fan.

My 38" Alienware has that G-Sync fan and while I haven't had it long, I've also never heard it above ambient.

I think the bigger concern at least with the fans on the G-Sync modules (I realize that MicroLED cooling is different) was just how terrible the first models had it implemented by manufacturers.

Never put it past monitor manufacturers to produce monitors that are far less than the sum of their parts.

Become a Patron!
Back