Atari Revives Infogrames to Acquire and Publish Non-IP Games Outside of Its Core Portfolio

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Another game publisher is back as Atari revives Infogrames to help expand its portfolio by acquiring titles not associated with the Atari brand. Infogrames was once one of the big players in the gaming industry back in the 1980s and like so many other companies had gone through changes and fell off the map not long after the 2000s. The one-time developer and publisher has previously had ties to Atari as both collaborated on publishing a number of titles together over the decades so it makes perfect sense for Atari to bring back Infogrames as it continues to revive itself.

See full article...

I thought it was the other way around, that Infogrames owned Atari..... eh what do I know. They're all just nameplates anyway

I seriously doubt any of the original Atari company and personnel are left. So yeah, they are just names.

Yep original Atari long gone, buried, housing project built over the grave, demolished again, and now a parking lot with a for lease sign on it.

I'm at least happy that, for now, this doesn't involve crypto/NFT crap since there was talk of that at one point.

Become a Patron!
Back