Avatar 2: James Cameron Shares New Photos of Long-Awaited Sequel

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
avatar-jake-neytiri-waterfall-1024x576.jpg
Image: 20th Century Studios

Entertainment Weekly has published a new interview with director James Cameron regarding his highly anticipated but long-gestating Avatar sequel.

With it comes a handful of brand-new photos of the still largely secretive film. Three of the photos are behind-the-scenes shots that offer a glimpse into the heavily hyped underwater motion-capture tech that’s been oft reported for Avatar 2, while another appears to be a screenshot of a scene from the actual movie, teasing a gorgeous, tropical world.

.@JimCameron recently sat down with @EW and shared a few exclusive photos from the #AvatarSequels. Check out the photos 😍 and read James...

Continue reading...

I can't believe this film is actually getting a sequel.

Didn't it get an absolute critical drubbing at launch as being a technically impressive demonstration of what was capable in 2009 with rendering technology, but being a content-wise hollow and rehashed story?

At least that's what I vaguely remember. I never watched the thing.

I can't believe this film is actually getting a sequel.

Didn't it get an absolute critical drubbing at launch as being a technically impressive demonstration of what was capable in 2009 with rendering technology, but being a content-wise hollow and rehashed story?

At least that's what I vaguely remember. I never watched the thing.
Oh it's getting more then one think he has 6 orso planned, they are already all filmed iirc just not edited and effects etc.. added.

Think I lost interest in the sequels like 10 years ago when they first were announced.

I remember this selling a ton of the 3D TV's when that was all the rage.

I remember this selling a ton of the 3D TV's when that was all the rage.
Yep and it was bundled with some Panasonic or Philips back then. I forget which but I remember it started with a "P".

It's a space version of Dances with Wolves......
I actually came up with that all on my own. I was sort-of into it at first because of the hype and the eye candy. Then one day, after a few beers, I was sitting there and like the joke in Deadpool 2, it hit me. Ever since then I've told that to people and it truly amazes me how many haven't realized it. Seriously the story nearly copies every part of Dances and I remember reading an interview with JC where he said he came up with the idea back in college. umm, yeah, right.

I actually came up with that all on my own. I was sort-of into it at first because of the hype and the eye candy. Then one day, after a few beers, I was sitting there and like the joke in Deadpool 2, it hit me. Ever since then I've told that to people and it truly amazes me how many haven't realized it. Seriously the story nearly copies every part of Dances and I remember reading an interview with JC where he said he came up with the idea back in college. umm, yeah, right.
It is what it is, just saying. I'm glad I am not the only one

I saw it then, forgot about it. Saw it again... Its really a horrible movie. Cool looking, horrible movie. The criticism of oppression for resources, okay its fair and its there, but man, its so poorly done, and the story is so weak...

Become a Patron!
Back