Avatar: The Way of Water Passes Avengers: Infinity War as Fifth-Biggest Movie Ever with $2.054 Billion

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It's been a couple of weeks since Avatar: The Way of Water arrived in theaters, but the movie continues to demonstrate that it has some real legs. According to numbers shared by entertainment publications that include Variety, the new film from James Cameron has now grossed $2.054 billion at the global box office, pushing it past Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War, which has been relegated to sixth place with a lesser but still remarkable $2.052 billion.

See full article...

I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron is buying up all the tickets himself :p I'm still yet to meet a single person who has seen the movie.
Same, exact opposite with Top Gun ( or TFA or Infinity war or whatever the name) not one person around me has even mentioned this movie, I only know about it because here. Money laundering this way would not be too hard, specially with out of the country money. Wouldn't surprise me.

I thought it would be mostly Chinese sales, but nope. Domestic haul so far is around $600M, so some people are spending money on it somewhere here.

The Top 10 overseas markets to date are: China ($229.7M), France ($129.8M), Germany ($117M), Korea ($96.9M), the UK ($81.9M), India ($57.9M), Australia ($55.1M), Mexico ($51.4M), Spain ($47M) and Italy ($45.3M).

I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron is buying up all the tickets himself :p I'm still yet to meet a single person who has seen the movie.
Me either. He's got to keep that big ego going so it wouldn't surprise me.

It'd be funny to see a meme of that guy who set some kind of record seeing Spider-Man: No Way Home (I think that was the one) but where they've copied/cloned him like a 1000 times and at the bottom, it says "We're off to see Avatar again." -This would explain the mystery of the record sales.

Become a Patron!
Back